• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by PJay.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • On one wheels
  • hainman
    Free Member

Looking to get a set of spare wheels and was thinking either buying something second hand or go with the On One ree’tad wheels
    Anyone use/used these and now if they will last,I’m not a big jumper,maybe 4foot drops at a limit but don’t want to buy something that will break on first outing

Cheers

chakaping
    Free Member

Superstar Tech4 might be a better bet for future spares?

Nice choice of rim widths and the Switch Ultra hubs are well proven and reliable.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

You’ll be lucky to get as far as jumps before the freehub gives up. Then try getting spares, the idiots at OO will not know which one fits and deny that they ever break.

russyh
    Free Member

I had a set of On One reetard wheels. They were heavy and I had several issues with slipping freehubs. This was a few years ago now so later versions (if there is such a thing) may be better.

hainman
    Free Member

Cheers guys,will look at superstar instead

pickle
    Free Member

Have a look at these as well, I’m running a rear and have been for a while now and it’s superb. very light and strong. I just copied the 29″ ones but they do them in all sizes.

Someone on here recommended them to me and I’m so glad they did.

https://www.merlincycles.com/pro-build-chosen-hub-alex-volar-trail-wheels-29-82077.html

Tracey

Probably me on the Merlin deal, still think they are hard to beat for the money

Some one who rides with us had a set on his old bike, whished he had saved them. He rode Enduro last year and spent quite a bit of time in Wharncliffe on the downhills. They were as true when he sold the bike as when he bought them. Chosen make hubs for alot of other brands and they looked alot like the Stans ones I have seen. Think they were about 1900g for the pair.

Gary_M
    Free Member

As above I would avoid. I had a set of planet x road wheels a few years ago on my commuter and they were utter crap. Bearings lasted less than 400 miles, sent them back and they agreed, not very agreeably, to replace them – said it was standard wear and tear, but took about 6 weeks to do that. Got them back and the ‘new’ set lasted around 200 miles.

Total crap – avoid.

pickle
    Free Member

Yeah thanks Tracey, really happy with them

mattsccm
    Free Member

Reetard hubs crap.
    Has anyone actually found out what they are. Lots out there so I suspect something from China

PJay
    Free Member

Reetard hubs crap.
    Has anyone actually found out what they are. Lots out there so I suspect something from China

I have a vague recollection that they are (or were) rebranded DMR Revolvers.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘On one wheels’ is closed to new replies.