Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • On One Tyres – Tubeless?
  • masterwatson2000
    Free Member

Are On One tyres okay for running tubeless? Can’t seem to find anything in their product descriptions.

I have a smorgasbord on the rear, and I would be looking to put a chunky monkey on the front. I have Shimano XT tubeless ready rims, but I’ve never gotten round to running a tubeless set up. Does this sound doable?

sv

I run a Chunky Monkey tubeless on a stans flow rim.

davewalsh
    Free Member

I’ve ran both on stans flow rims without any problems.

mattmbk
    Free Member

I run Smorgasboard tyres tubeless on Shimano rims without any problem. Bit tricky to seat at first but leaving them with tubes in for a day or so and plenty of soapy water did the trick.

masterwatson2000
    Free Member

Nice one. I guess I have no excuses now then. Better pick up some valves and some tyre gunk. Any recommendations on best stuff / cheapest stuff / best deals?

wiggles
    Free Member

I’m in the process of trying to get my smorg and chunky monkey set up tubeless with stans rims and fluid will let you know how I get on…

danielgroves
    Free Member

Smorgasbord on my ArchEX are absolutely fine. Some of the easiest tyres to inflate I’ve had yet, and they’ve flawless everyday since (now 1000km old).

nuke

Pretty decent sidewalls on the CM and SB tyres (should be given the weight) so found them good tubeless tyres

dantsw13

Yes, used smorgasbords in 26 and 29, and CM in 26″. Both perfect tubeless in the Alps

doug_basqueMTB.com

Yup, they work. I ripped the sidewalls out of two in a row and never tried them again but it could well have been coincidence. Those were smorgasbords. I found them easy to inflate.

scandal42
    Free Member

My Chunky Monkey is ace tubeless, handles my sloppy technique in the rocky Peaks.

br
    Free Member

I run a Chunky Monkey tubeless on a stans crest rim.

sv

Superstar do the valves and stans fluid at CRC/LBS.

carlos
    Free Member

Same as plenty of other up there ^^^^^^^

I’ve been running a 2.3 CM tubeless on the front (Flow Ex rim) for the last 9 mths and it’s great at everything except sloppy mud.

No problems getting it up (Oo err), loads of grip , predictable cornering, decent amount of cushion/volume and still got plenty of tread on it

baldman
    Free Member

As others above, no problems using Chunky Monkey’s or Smorgasbords or Flows and Flow EX’s. Chunky Monkey seemed a bit baggy when first mounted to EX’s not sure if that was the tyre or rim, but still went up ok with track pump (pumping like a mad man!).

Great tyres and not expensive.

brant
    Free Member

The new 650b Smorgasbords will be tubeless ready. Also have slightly shallower tread depth for lighter weight and faster rolling, but with a more pronounced shoulder block for better cornering support.
    Molds in progress. Will probably take six months to land though.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Well, last night was shakedown flight for the new build, with a smorg on the back and a chunkey monkey on the front.
    Tubeless on flows. Bike is a 456ti

Findings:
    The chunky is brilliant! Massive, not much clearance within a ‘zocchi 44ti fork with a mucky-nutz in there. Went up easily enough with garden-sprayer as a compressor.

The smorg also went up easily enough but didn’t survive long in use.
    Felt the rim a couple of times when riding up short flights of steps. (Which surprised me at >30psi)
    On the second run down a rubbly-bouldery descent (Rivi ICR) I managed to destroy the thing. Two cuts in the tread beyond the healing capacity of Stans. Back to dual ply minion on the back I think 🙁

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘On One Tyres – Tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.