Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • On-one summer season (raw/old) tyre clearance
  • SSBonty
    Free Member

Just did a search, can't believe its not come up before but I didn't find anything – what's the largest tyre people have been able to get in the back of the old style/raw finish on-one summer season? Pics would be good too as some peoples 'loadsa room' is anothers 'that'll be clogging at the sight o' mud and rubbing the chainstay when it flexes'!

Cheers!

br
    Free Member

My buddies SS456 seems to have the same clearances as my 456, and my 456 will happily take a Nobby Nic 2.4's on DT5.1 rims

SSBonty
    Free Member

Thanks, that's a good start – I'm looking to see if I can squeeze in a Nevegal 2.5 (folding) or similar, or even larger if possible, for snowy winter fun!

STATO
    Free Member

2.5 maxxis fit fine. The only issue you might have (if you go even bigger) is the seatstay wishbone bit, as it is quite close to the top of the tyre.

SSBonty
    Free Member

Excellent… Do the Maxxis come up large or small for the stated size? Comparable to the Kenda Nevegal 2.5? Anyone tried a 2.7 in there of any description (I don't think there are any 2.6's I know of anyway)? Thanks for the help…

grumm
    Free Member

I have a specialized 2.3 in mine (new one) and it seems fairly tight, but I believe spesh tyres come up pretty wide.

I_Ache
    Free Member

My brothers std 456 can get 2.5 Bonty Big Earls on with loads of room to spare and they are quite a bit bigger than 2.35 nevegals.

SSBonty
    Free Member

Thanks all – maybe I'll start with a 2.35 Nev when the frame comes and see if it looks like I could squeeze the 2.5 in later…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘On-one summer season (raw/old) tyre clearance’ is closed to new replies.