Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • On-One stainless steel chainring – not going to work with 10 speed is it?
  • tthew

Just replacing all my drivechain stuff and going to go 1×10. I’d prefer to go for a steel rather than alloy chainring for longevity. Pretty sure I know the answer, but has anyone used the stainless charinring with a 10 speed drivechain? It specifies OK for 9 speed.

I’m going to have to get the ringmaster thick and thin aren’t I?

cp

It’ll be fine.

I even use one on my 1×9 set up with no chain guide… No dropped chains after several races.

jam-bo

Internal width of 9 spd chains is the same as 10 spd. It’s the outer width that changed. It’ll work.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tthew

Brilliant jam bo, that’s bob on, thanks.

cp – it wasn’t the chain security I was concerned with but the thickness of the teeth, good to know though. The teeth are pretty tall, which probably helps the chain stay on.

swanny853

Mine worked fine for years. I did try it without a top guide (with a clutch mech, short cage) and it wasn’t awful but I wouldn’t recommend it.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

I remember hearing that Surly were going to be making a steel Narrow Wide ring, did they ever produce it in the end?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘On-One stainless steel chainring – not going to work with 10 speed is it?’ is closed to new replies.