Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 262 total)
  • On-One Smorgasbord tyres
  • timc
    Free Member

how grim are you junkyard…

Dont do it Brant 😈

shaggy

other competitors do free postage whatever I buy.

How many of them are selling these tyres?

Moaning that things don’t cost enough. Really?

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes I was moaning they dont cost enough after all £20 with free postage will be more expensive that paying for postage [19.99 + 2.50]…you are a genius sir[ you quoted the wrong bit as well for that point about me willing to pay more buy yes i will pay 1 p more to save £2.49]

Superficial
    Free Member

I’m sure brant has considered the cost of postage which is precisely why these are 1p short of the threshold. I can’t imagine there’s a huge margin on these tyres.

shaggy

you quoted the wrong bit

No, I didn’t. As I alluded to, competitors are not selling On-One tyres. If you collect them from the shop (or Mountain Mayhem) you don’t pay postage.

Junkyard
    Free Member

merlin 1 .5 miles away One one a lot further and will still cost me more than 1p or £2.50 postage.

its their business they can do as they wish but why would I pay £2.50 postage for the sake of 1 p?

You are right re the quoted bit it does relate to the fact they only sell on one stuff and my comment was incorrect as I ignored that bit and commented on the price bit, sorry.

timc
    Free Member

does £2.49 really make that much of a difference to what you want?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Well £20 and free postage sounds better to me than £19.99 and £2.50 postage

Which offer sounds best to you?
    I can buy two and sell you one for £22.49 if you want. 😉

FuzzyWuzzy

Tempted myself to try it instead of a Crossmark on the rear but not touching them until someone else provides feedback on how they well the work tubeless…

MrAgreeable

I wonder what the actual cost of posting something heavy and bulky like a tyre is, including packaging and handling costs. I bet it’s more than £2.50.

bigjim

not touching them until someone else provides feedback on how they well the work tubeless

well they are a maxxis carcas so should be fine, never had a problem with maxxis tubeless.

brant
    Free Member

I’m sure brant has considered the cost of postage which is precisely why these are 1p short of the threshold. I can’t imagine there’s a huge margin on these tyres.

I don’t set pricing.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I have not tested the tyre and that costs me £19.98 pence more than the actual suggestion from your potential customer.

Hmmm…I hadn’t tested my Rampages when I handed over £58 for a pair. You know what? They’re alright.

Bear in mind that it’s very easy to spend £40 on a tyre you’ve never tested before too.

If you have to swallow the postage then £22.48 isn’t bad for a decent tyre, certainly cheaper than heading to your nearest Specialized dealer.

tomhughes
    Free Member

I’m tempted by this tyre as I’ve just got a Nobby nic that will not mount on a stans crest for love nor money.
    Anyone got any opinion on how it will compare to the other ones they have on sale on the site, the rubena ones?
    I’ve just got myself a rubena scyalla, seems like a nice very supple tyre and went on very easily, was thinking about the other more grippy one for the front.

tomhughes
    Free Member

oh and I know its not the best guide but whats a good weight for a 29er tyre? I know sub 600 is a good aim for a 26er, but what about 29er?
    What would a racing ralph/rocket ron come in at?

terrahawk
    Free Member

Why not up the price of the 19.99 pnes by a penny so people can get free delivery?

don’t be a tightarse and buy the dual compound version. free delivery on that. Everyone’s happy 🙂

bigjim

I’m tempted by this tyre as I’ve just got a Nobby nic that will not mount on a stans crest for love nor money.

if you don’t want it send it to me and I’ll put it on my crests!

leigh0rough0riders
    Free Member

What is the difference between the 2, and the different uses?

Smorgasbord Enduro: folding bead, 60tpi casing with “Eckso” casing reinforcement and 60a single compound
    Smorgasbord Trail Extreme: folding bead, 60tpi casing with “Eckso” casing reinforcement and dual 60a/42a tread compound.

What are they designed for and to do??
    Is it a front or rear tyre?

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

It just almost seems purposeful to sting people for postage. Probably innocent though…but I do have a suspicious mind! 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

“Eckso” casing

Is this meant to inform us that the tyres have the same casing as Maxxis “Exo” ones?

tomhughes
    Free Member

bigjim – If you want to have a go be my guest! I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong as the rubena tyre went on very easily. On the nobby nic I can’t even get the first bead on!

kimbers

they look like panaracer razer mx which are briliant fast rolling tyres

Junkyard
    Free Member

they look like panaracer razer mx

Can i get these posted for free 😉

brant
    Free Member

it is.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

leigh0rough0riders – Member
    What is the difference between the 2, and the different uses?

Smorgasbord Enduro: folding bead, 60tpi casing with “Eckso” casing reinforcement and 60a single compound
    Smorgasbord Trail Extreme: folding bead, 60tpi casing with “Eckso” casing reinforcement and dual 60a/42a tread compound.

What are they designed for and to do??

Soft compounds at the sides mean more grip when they tyres leaned over. Only using it at the edge keeps the extra drag that soft rubber causes to a minimum. As for different uses, the dual compound one will probably be better 99% of the time, the 1% being at the till where it’s 50% more.

Looks kinda like a high roller to me, so probably good on the front and back, big wide spaced knobbles will shed mud at the expense of speed/grip in the bone dry, but then in the dry I find more benifit from softer tyres and less dependant on the tread pattern, so they’ll probably work as well as most others anyway, looks like they’d probably work in most conditions except absolute mud.

All IMO and just a guess, I need new tyres anyway so these’ll probably be high up the list.

leigh0rough0riders
    Free Member

I am a novice XC, track and trail, etc MTB rider in Manchester, U.K.
    I do not have tubeless rims.

I am looking for a strong, reliable, all rounder, all year, all terrain, all season, fast rolling ‘British summer’ tyre. Ok I understand there isn’t one, but I am looking for the best one (front and back), to suit without swapping tyres.
    I mainly ride in summer, autumn, and spring, on trails, tracks, single tracks, paths, roads. So I want a fast tyre that can also handle wet roots and wet rocks plus loose ground and some mud. Plus the odd ride in winter, and preferably one that does not puncture so easy.
    So basically a ‘U.K’. tyre. I see these Smorgasbord are made with the U.K. in mind.

The Smorgasbord look interesting tyres and more interesting as they are designed to cater for possibly summer U.K. conditions. Pity nobody has tested them.

So can I gather the only difference in the Enduro and the Trail Extreme is the Trail Extreme has a softer compound outer tread for extra grip in cornering? Is that correct and the only difference?

Would either be more suited for front or rear?
    Thanks!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If you can’t wait for these, specialized purgatory are OK as an all round tyre, or the eskars for all round but avoiding the worst of the mud tyre. Cheaper than those on-ones too.

Tyres are a personal thing, I really like High rollers, other’s cant get on with them. I also like semi slick or dirt-jump/skatepark style rear tyres which gets a few “how do you stay upright in mud” type comments, guess I must lean the bike further to get the sides digging in as others hate high rollers as they tend to grip/slip/grip/slip if you’re not using the sides properly and never found rear wheel traction an issue.

At the end of the day, everything works in the dry, nothing works in the mud, some tyres just work even better in the dry, and some are marginally less rubbish in the mud.

mboy
    Free Member

Genuinely laughing out load at Junkyard moaning about the price of the tyre coming in at 1p under the free postage threshold. You prat!!! It’s a penny… So what? Buy the cheapest thing off their website to push it over? I bought a rubber grommet off CRC at £1.20 to push an order over £75 a while back, so I could then save £12 in total off it.

Well the upshot of it is, you’ve genuinely shot everyone else in the foot now, cos On One have increased the price of the tyre by £5 now to £24.99, so well done Junky… 🙄

druidh
    Free Member

Expect the “sale” price to drop to £19.99 any day now 🙄

leigh0rough0riders
    Free Member

Yeah just put 2 in the basket and the price went up by £10. 🙁 So I promptly removed them.
    I’ll look at some thing else.

wwaswas

junkyard will be happy he’s getting free postage, no doubt, even if he is paying an extra £5 for the tyre.

brant
    Free Member

I can confirm price increase is directly as a result of this thread.
    Postage now free! Enjoy.

nbt

Wooop, 29er tyres are still 19.99 😀

wwaswas

nbt – 29er owners aren’t cheapskates who want free postage on everything, obviously;)

brant – it’s this sort of thing that makes me like planet-x/on-one 🙂

mrjmt
    Free Member

Postage now free! Enjoy.

How very professional.

simon1975

Fabulous! I presume they’ll be £19.99 from the stand at MM today? 🙂

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Brant – how about being the first to make a 3″ 29er tyre!?!? Come on lead the way 😀 (sub 1000g would be good too )

hughjayteens
    Free Member

brant – Member

Postage now free! Enjoy.

LOL!

druidh
    Free Member

frc – I think 45Nth might have what you are after………

mooman
    Free Member

brant – Member
    Postage now free! Enjoy.

Shame that. CRC doing lots of decent maxxis less than £25 too.
    I cant be arsed to play along and wait for them to drop down to the previous £20 so I will play it safe and get a maxxis minion from CRC for £22.50 .. saved £2.50 too 😆

Kinda like cutting off your nose to spite your face … bit silly 😳

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 262 total)

The topic ‘On-One Smorgasbord tyres’ is closed to new replies.