Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • on one smorgasbord tyres
  • Lester
    Free Member

anyone on here tried them?
    i am £60 in credit with On-One and i am not sure what to spend it on

tmb467
    Free Member

Lots of stuff on here about em

Good tyres in my opinion – run it on the back with a chunky monkey up front

Lummox

I wasn’t so impressed with them as a rear, this was the enduro version, i found it lacking in grip when starting to push a bit harder, sometimes letting go a bit.
    I am now running a chunky front and rear and the rear is run in reverse, seems to give oodles of grip, bit sluggish but then the bike they’re fitted too isn’t really about uphill stuff.

They definitely roll quicker than chunkys and for what they’d cost over others when effectively they’re the same they get a thumbs up

danielgroves
    Free Member

Got them all round on my singlespeed 29er, feel great to me. I was somewhat dubious about them, but yet to have them let go.

chakaping
    Free Member

Only used it as a rear tyre, seems a good compromise of rolling ability, grip and weight to me. I like.

Chunky Monkey is a fantastic tyre though, love it as a front (dual compound) so bought another as a rear (single compound, not tried yet) for my AM bike.

chopchop
    Free Member

I had a smorgasbord blow off the rim on its second outing recently (tubeless on flow). I appreciate that it’s. It marketed as a tubeless compatible tyre but I’ve used other non TR tyres successfully. I was impressed by the grip and feel of it, although it was a little draggy.

Lester
    Free Member

hmm, thanks guys

mactheknife

loads of reviews on here about them, absolutely ace tyres for the money.

Made by Maxxis, Exo sidewalls. Tubeless is a doddle.

Ace.

chakaping
    Free Member

it was a little draggy.

This must be dependent on what you replaced with it.

I went from a HR2 to Small Gas Board and it felt like I’d attached a motor.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Chopchop snap, brant blamed my flows not shonky tyres

brant
    Free Member

It marketed as a tubeless compatible tyre

Where?

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’m very happy with mine.

grippy*, nice round profile/section, sturdy enough, light enough, well made, and they’re a bargain.

mine have been ‘ghettoed’ for about 6 months now – no problems.

(*might** try some chunky monkeys when the weather turns…)

(**will)

nixie

Happy with mine too. Was super easy to get up as tubeless. Grip so far seems great (paired with chunky monkey on front). Have seen one blow on a room on landing, was a heavy landing though and again was a flow.

tmb467
    Free Member

I’ve not seen anything or anywhere say that the smorg is ‘tubeless ready’

In fact there’s a post on mtbr that specifically says they’re not TR

Plenty of people run em tubeless tho

moonsaballoon

I have one on the front of my hardtail . Would definitely get another

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

I prefere them, with a chunky monkey on the rear both in extreme compound, to the dhf minion st/ HR st combo they replaced.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Running them front and back, tubeless on my Arch EX rims – love ’em. Wear is good, feel stable, not too draggy, sensible weight and at a cracking price too.

baldman
    Free Member

I’ve been really impressed with mine. Using the dual compound version on the back paired with a dual compound Chunky Monkey on the front. Actually bought a second set for my other bike.

I run mine tubeless and have not had any problems yet (flow and flow ex rims) but the ones on the flow ex were a lot harder to seat compared to the flow rims – they were a tighter fit on the flows which I think helped, slightly baggy on the flow ex. They need a good amount of Stan’s fluid and a few rides to get them to seal properly too.

Edit – final thought, they are quite big compared to the 2.1 maxxis ignitor I had on before so depending on clearance in your frame may be a tight fit.

Nick

I have them set up tubeless on my 456, sticky one on the front, harder one on the back.

Skate a bit on mud, don’t have much bite when lent over, but great on rocks and roots, looking for something with a bit more bite for when it gets muddy but they have been fine and a bit of a bargain.

andycs

Mine have collected every thorn in West Yorks. Apart from that they aren’t a bad tyre!!

chopchop
    Free Member

Bloody predictive text on my new phone- my sentence was meant to read ‘its not marketed as a tubeless tyre’!

Apologies to all those who’s blood got boiled.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘on one smorgasbord tyres’ is closed to new replies.