Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • On-One Smorgasboard as a rear tyre…?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

Is anyone running one as a rear? I’ve got a Trail Extreme (42/60) on the front of the missus’ bike, which she loves.

I’m now weighing up options for a rear tyre, she doesn’t like fast rolling XC tyres on the rear (i.e. Xking, Crossmark, Ikon), she really like the Mountain King 2 RaceSport on the rear, but just destroyed the bead after about 6 months of decent use.

I’m thinking of getting her the Enduro, which is 60a all over, so should be a bit faster rolling than the front, and they come up nice and floaty.

Anyone with the Smorgasboard on the rear already?

Cheers

Ricks

sparkyrhino

yup,running the trail single compound on the rear,for around a month or so,and so far well pleased.used on both hardtail and full sus

dawson

Got them front and rear – haven’t died yet – comes up quite big, profile seems good at handling bumps

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Got the 60A Enduro front and rear on my Ti456, running tubeless (on Stans rims) and love them. For the money, how can you go wrong for a start? They roll ok, grip well, climb and downhill, they’re a sensible weight, seem to last too. Only minor gripe is the daft little nicks in the square blocks that just pick up little stones, but other than that – recommended.

Junkyard
    Free Member

good for the price is ok in all conditions but not spectacular in any

ahwiles
    Free Member

don’t expect miracles when it’s dry-and-loose, or muddy-and-loose.

but other than that, they’re ace.

a nice round profile, big-ish, well made, not too heavy, not too light, grippy enough in most conditions.

i will definitely be buying again.

rickon
    Free Member

Ordered one of the 60a and one of the 60/42a, £29 in total 🙂 That’s bargainous. Considering my £45 Conti MK2 lasted two rides before it died…

pictonroad

Big, grippy, very cheap and draggier than a high roller.

I like it.

abbot
    Free Member

When u run it on the rear which way do u have the rotation? As labelled on the tyre or reverse it?

Thx

ahwiles
    Free Member

as labelled.

not dead yet…

tymbian
    Free Member

Loving mine..

mpw
    Free Member

Did anyone have ordering problem with the tyres ? I ordered two plus a few bits and bobs but they only put one in the box, so far my emails inquiring about the second missing tyre have gone unanswered.

I’m running the smorgasboard on the rear of hardtail to replace a worn 2.35″ High Roller and I’m very impressed, much better than the HR. I would like to run both though…….

eltonerino
    Free Member

Trail Extremes front and rear. Beats the old mountain kings (non-black chili).

brant
    Free Member

Did anyone have ordering problem with the tyres ? I ordered two plus a few bits and bobs but they only put one in the box, so far my emails inquiring about the second missing tyre have gone unanswered.

I’m running the smorgasboard on the rear of hardtail to replace a worn 2.35″ High Roller and I’m very impressed, much better than the HR. I would like to run both though……

If you can email me your details (sales order number, order email address and phone number) I’ll get it looked at tomorrow for you.

mpw
    Free Member

Thanks for that Brant, I’ve emailed you

m0rk
    Free Member

mpw

I ordered some this week, tried them out this evening & they’re good for me. Perfect for the rocky dry running round here

Ref problems – I bought two tyres, and a light. I have two tyres & no light. Sent the email to the new helpdesk & it’s still sat unassigned.

Can I ping you an email too brant?

brant
    Free Member

Ping away

nuke

Happy with mine…trail extreme on the front, enduro on the rear on my 29er, setup up tubeless on Crest rims (Very easy to do…decently thick sidewalls although each tyre is the same weight as my Minion 2.5 Exo 26″)

dantsw13

Mines on my AM Heckler as a rear. I’d love it if it was £40 let alone £13!!

rickon
    Free Member

New Enduro compound one on a crest rim today. Popped on completely at 25psi. Sealed without sealant too.

I have to say, using proper tyre lube on the bead makes about 10 to 15 psi difference to when the tyre pops onto the rim.

I’ll get the missus to give it a spin over the weekend. Cheers for the advice chaps.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘On-One Smorgasboard as a rear tyre…?’ is closed to new replies.