Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • On-One Slackset Scandal 29er compatibility?
  • frazchops
    Free Member

I have a Scandal 29er 16” (v2) anyone know any reason why one of these wouldn’t work?

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HSWCSLS/on_one_slackset_headset_by_works_components_for_carbon_456

Bracing myself for comments 🙂

jezandu
    Free Member

Is it the new Scandal? If so it has a tapered head tube. It takes 11/8th top and 11/2 headset. The slack set will not work with a tapered fork either. That slack doesn’t look tapered but if you send them a message they will set you right.

nuke

I have a Scandal 29er 16” (v2)

So do I and I have a O-O slackset for it to go with my straight 1 1/8th steerer rebas…haven’t got around to fitting it yet but I know it’ll fit as I bought it off here from a guy who had it fitted to a Scandal 29er. Must get it fitted really but it does look a bit of a faff…

frazchops
    Free Member

I have a 1-1/8” Steerer and a new style Scandal so all the fittings are identical. Can’t see a reason why it wouldn’t work?

frazchops
    Free Member

Nuke I take itt he 456 headtubes are the same length, i.e. a headsett for a 16” 456 frame is used for a 16” Scandal?

nuke

No…HT for Scandal 29er is 105mm (All sizes) so you have to go for the one suitable for an 18″ c456 (105mm HT as opposed to 90mm on 16″ c456)

frazchops
    Free Member

Excellent cheers for that, my frame is en route so no way to have measured it. 🙂

nuke

Anyone about with a Scandal V2 29er frame that could measure their headtube?

Geometry chart says 105mm HT length for every size of V1 and V2 Scandal 29er but the HT on my 16″ measures 100mm

Will 5mm difference make the slackset incompatible? 😕

jasonm945
    Free Member

On-One’s slackset fits any of our Smoothie Mixer compatible frames

Should fit…

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

I have a scandal frame with a 2 degree on one slackset. It works great and makes the bike handle well. Thats running it with an 1 1/8 straight steerer.

nuke

Flux – do you have the slack set listed as for the 18″ c456? Any idea what length your scandal HT length actually is?

nuke

Bump before I go and have a try fitting the Slackset

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘On-One Slackset Scandal 29er compatibility?’ is closed to new replies.