Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • On One Scandal replacement
  • steve73
    Free Member

I have a 26″ scandal with 100mm Reba forks which has been and still is a great bike. It has been used mainly for local riding, night riding, and some long days out. I also use it 3 – 4 times a week to commute to work (6 miles each way on road).
    I want to use this bike as a donor for a 29er frame either a Lurcher or a Packwood or similar.
    Has anyone any experience of these frames in relation to the Scandal?
    Yes I know I will need new forks and some bigger wheels!

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

If it’s a large then i’ll buy the old stuff of you if its nice and well used (and therefore reasoanably priced 🙂 ).

MoreCashThanDash

If it’s a 16″ or 18″ I might be interested in the frame!

teadrinker
    Free Member

I can recommend a Charge Cooker. I have an XL going if interested 🙂

Straightliner

Lurcher is pretty much the same geometry as the 29er Scandal and marginally lighter. I’ve had a 26″ Scandal in the past and the Lurcher is a similar comfort level and has a similar in feel (albeit with bigger wheels). My only dislike is the fact it uses a press-fit BB, which is prone to being more creaky although I’m using a Hope one now which does seem to be a bit better.

The Parkwood is okay, but I don’t like it as much as the Lurcher. Admittedly, it’s a more solid build but seems to weigh a lot more and feels considerably less nimble. Frame weight is a bit higher, and the geometry is different to the classic Inbred/Scandal/Lurcher but overall it’s still a nice bike and good value for money.

If I remember correctly, the seatpost diameter is different to the Scandal as well so budget for a new seatpost too.

steve73
    Free Member

Thanks for the replys what other options are there in a similar price bracket that would be good for a short travel 29er hard tail?

teadrinker
    Free Member

Orange Clockwork?

MoreCashThanDash

I was really impressed by the 650b Clockwork, much lighter than I expected for a hire bike.

steve73
    Free Member

For anyone that may still be interested my scandal is now for sale – I replaced it with a Specialized Carve 29er which is perfect for my mainly flat/old railway track commute
    It is in the classifieds

thesurfbus
    Free Member

I have 29er forks and wheels for sale if you are needing parts? Actually I have everything required to build a bike as just split my Canyon Spectral

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘On One Scandal replacement’ is closed to new replies.