Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • On One Scandal 29er Versatility
  • dan_seed
    Free Member

I am thinking of the scandal 29er for a number of types of riding:
    Summer Geared commuter
    Winter Singlespeed MTB
    and a long distance tourer (I am thinking of completing some of the north sea cycle route next summer)

Does this sound realistic or am I looking for too much out of the one bike?
    Also any pics of the scandal/inbred in various setups would give me inspiration.
    Dan

dan_seed
    Free Member

So am I after too much from 1 bike?

greyspoke
    Free Member

Salsa CroMoto Grande forks, Fleegle bars, mtb triple. I would say that a shorter a-c fork and perhaps drop bars would improve it for the road. It’s now got Rebas on and does for “all mountain” duties.

greyspoke
    Free Member

Just to add, the absence of rack mounts might be an issue? I think the steel On-One 29er frames have them. Do the newer ones with slot dropouts have rack mounts? Oh and it’s a medium and fits me (5’11 1/2″, shortish legs) fine.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I dont know about a tourer. How would you fit panniers P-clips?

You know it was designed as an enduro race bike. I use it for racing, riding, tag-along pulling, Trail centers, multi day epics with a seatpost mounted rack thingy.

thomthumb
    Free Member

scandal has the dropout mounts for a rack and you can buy a seatclamp with the mounts on for the top. like this

I have done this, bought the parts that is, but not fitted the rack yet.

touring tyre/ cx tyres would make it a good commuter (they fit on the 622 rims)

it will do this although unless you are concerned about the extra pound or two the inbred maybe a better comprimise. stronger for the rack and with the proper mounts.

HTH

tootallpaul

I would also vote for the steel inbred- as a tourer you want something that you can welded up if it breaks…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘On One Scandal 29er Versatility’ is closed to new replies.