• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • On-one Scandal 29er BB shell size?
  • nbt

I can’t find the spec page for the Scandal om the on-one site, but it’s still there on the Planet X USA site.

It says the BB is 73mm english threaded

http://www.planet-x-usa.com/product-p/frooscso29v2.htm

So why, when I tried to fit my new UN53 square taper BB did the wotsit not screw all the way in, leaving about a 5mm gap? Am I not manly enough to tighten it, or do I have a scandal 29er with a 68mm bb shell?

Rorschach
    Free Member

I seem to recollect that mine is 68mm…..though I’m not risking getting killed trying to wrestle the garage door open in the raging hurricane outside to verify it 😯

nuke

My v2 29er has a 73mm BB. Maybe earlier version was 68mm?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

26 ers are 68 mm, if that helps?

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

Original scandal 29 here and it’s a 68mm.

nbt

how do I tell the differnce between the v1 and the v2? I *thought* i had a v2 – this is the frame I bought

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-frame-on-one-scandal-29er-swap-out-16-black

Picto
    Free Member

Looks like a V2 with swap dropouts and tapered headtube.

nuke

Bent seatube as well…V2

orangeboy
    Free Member

Am I missing something , why not just measure the shell width
    Is it a new frame , does it need a cleaning tap
    Run through it

It won’t matter if your taper bb is 68 or 73 they will still screw in flush to the frame on the drive side even when fitted in the wrong frame

nbt

shell does appear to be 68mm. not a new frame, I’ve been running an external BB but as I’ve been through THREE since I bought the frame about 16 months ago, I’ve decided to go back to square taper. The driveside of the square taper BB does screw flush to the frame, it’s the locking cup that still sits proud. I’m just bloody annoyed that I can’t ride tonight as I now have no drivetrain and my other bike needs a good look at too 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘On-one Scandal 29er BB shell size?’ is closed to new replies.