Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • On One scandal 26er ?
  • myorangecrush
    Free Member

Looking at building a lightweight HT. Has anyone got an opinion or experience of the On One scandal?
    Whats it like compared to the inbred?
    Cotic Soul or On One?

Thoughts please.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I have a Scandal and a 456. The Scandal is very comfy for something that is also a great race bike. Good handling and flies uphill and I’ve used mine on plenty of all day rides, although I tend to use my 456 for long days out as the Scandal is my singlespeed. Great frame.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Scandal – Light Aluminium frame, race geometry, designed around short 80/100mm forks for going fast around XC courses mostly.

Soul – Lightish higher quality/price steel frame, more relaxed geometry for trail riding, designed for forks around the 130mm mark.

Inbred – bit of a do it all steel trail bike for 120 forks.

What do you want to do on it?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Like my Scandal lots. Probably the best fast bike I currently have.Really comfy and climbs so well. The 456 is for long days. The Inbred was great but a bit beefy compared to the other 2.

Northwind

I had a love/hate thing with mine… I wanted it to be a 130mm-ish travel bike. I tolerated that for a while since On One said it’d work, and tbh just thought that was what long-ish travel hardtails were like, then I rode a Soul and realised how bad it was at it. No joke, I never rode my Scandal again at 130mm.

But- as a 100/110mm ish fast XC bike it was bloody marvellous. I honestly reckon it made the Inbred completely pointless- far lighter but also more comfortable, weirdly- it felt more like a steel frame than the big stiff lump that is the Bred. That might not apply now with the newer model though, mine was the old scandium one.

As for comparison with Souls… Depends. If you want to use more travel, Soul. If you want fast and relatively racy, Scandal probably. I replaced mine with a Soul because of the job I wanted it to do

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Mine is just over two years old and don’t think it has any scandium in it but is still nice and comfy. Like Northwind says I can’t think of any reason to have an Inbred over a Scandal. The Scandal is a bit of a steal at the mo’ and probably compares well with frames that would normally cost £400-500.

IanW
    Free Member

Brillant frame , especially with slot drop outs, been my main bike for the last couple years. Trailcentres, the peaks, brecons, local xc or alldays geared or singlespeed.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

All good, came from a steel frame to this. Ridden with rigid and suspension.
    Buy the raw finish. It’s as good as it gets I think for the price.
    Maybe more expensive frames have the finish, but if you want to spend lots of money invest in full suspension, or top end wheels, that will make the difference

Excellent in other words.

myorangecrush
    Free Member

Im building a light XC bike for longer days and routes that my Rocket wont be too well suited too, and as a training bike for stickoing slicks on. Think the Soul might be the way to go – though that depends on budget.

Thanks for the words – all appreciated.

Garry_Lager

I had one for a bit and liked it. Didnt end up keeping it for long as I replaced it with a whippet, which I think has the same geometry (wanted to try a C bike and on one were doing a good deal on whippet plus pompino at the time). Scandal rode great as I recall – defo a good choice for something to train on.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘On One scandal 26er ?’ is closed to new replies.