Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • On one scandal – 18 or 20"?
  • hotgospeller
    Free Member

I’m 6′ 1″ and currently ride a 19″ kona with 100mm travel and 80mm stem…

ackie
    Free Member

I think you’ll be fine with an 18″

dickie
    Free Member

I think you’ll need a 20″. I’m 5’11” & think my 18″ is a bit small so I’m looking for a 20″ to try.

I’ve just sold a large Singular Swift as I found the front end too high (new models have addressed this with a shorter fork) but its the same effective top tube as 20″ & I found the Swift OK with an in line post & 100mm stem.
    On the 18″ Scandal with the 100mm stem I need the saddle a long way back on a slight lay back post but with a 400mm long post its a long way out although still below the top tube/seat tube lower weld.
    Just ordered a 400mm long post with lots of layback to give it another go but think a 20″ with in line & may be 90mm stem would be spot on.
    So for you I would think you need a 20″.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    M6TTF
    Free Member

Definitely a 20″ – I’m just under 6ft with 33″ leg – unless you like running loads of post that is.

Bimbler
    Free Member

I’m 6’1 with 34″ inside leg and ride an 18″ 29er with lots of post and a riser stem. Absolutely love it. Be interested to try a 20″ for comparisons sake but no intention to change

tazzymtb

Brant used to run an 18″ with a 400mm twelfty seat post and 100mm stem on and he’s 6 2″ If I recall correctly when he had his sizing info on the old OO website.

My mate’s the same height and runs an 18″ inbred set up the same way and loves it.

pickle
    Free Member

I ride a 456 in 18″ and i’m 6′ 2″ and it rocks! not sure about the diferences in geometry but i’d go 18″ if it were me.

Give On One a call and get their advice

simon1975

I’m 6’1″ and ride an 18″ Inbred (which is the same geometry as the ScandAl rather than the 456 version). It’s much longer than my 18″ Kona with same 80mm stem and it works for me! I think I’d find the 20″ frame too long. Yes there will be plenty of seat post showing – 2″ more than if you chose the 20″ frame 😉

Where are you? There must be someone local with a bike you can have a play on!

hotgospeller
    Free Member

That’s a sound idea simon1975 – I’m in Notts, if anyone knows the Hemlock Stone…

be good to try before I buy and mess my back up again…

Pogo
    Free Member

I’m 6’1″ 34″ leg and have a 20″ Inbred, with inline seatpost and it’s about spot on, just feels quite big. I’d get an 18″ if I were you.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

I am 6ft and I have an 18″ Scandal with 100m stem and a 19.5″ Inbred with 80mm stem (both 29ers), and they both feel a good size.

pyquila
    Free Member

6’1″ 34″ leg. have two 18″ inbreds. Both feel fine if i am changing position a lot and out of the saddle. But didn’t feel too comfy when just cycling in a more static position. Just ordered a 20″ frame and to be honest, it looks rather big =/ Haven’t build it up yet tho.

simon1975

Yes I’m in Nottingham. I rode past Hemlock Stone last night 😉

Come and see me in Mapperley some time – we could meet at Woodthorpe Park perhaps for a quick play on an evening – would you prefer fixed or freewheel? My email’s in my profile!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘On one scandal – 18 or 20"?’ is closed to new replies.