Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • On one Scandal
  • DarrenH

Any good guys?
    Also would it work as a cross country/trail rider?
    I get the idea it's aimed more towards xc racing.
    Cheers.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Very good.

Yes it would.

Yes it is.

Adders69
    Free Member

Just built up a frame for my eldest boy, and I must say that's it's great … even though he fell off at low speed and scratched the frame first time out 🙄

jfeb
    Free Member

Great bike. Aimed as a XC race bike but it does a great job of being an all-rounder as long as you don't want to fit long travel forks on it.

DarrenH

Nope, no long travel forks.
    I kind of had in mind a lightweight trail flying machine that'll really rip down the tracks 😛

Hornet600
    Free Member

Up hill is a breeze on such a light bike, I have RS reba teams 100mm on mine.
    Really comfortable for a alu bike as well. Got on much better with this than the Inbred.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Just got a scandal 29er – after riding full susp for many years it was a bit of a shock to the system – very stiff! But great fun and looking forward to seeing what it can do

Northwind

Brilliant short-travel bike. I never rated mine with 130mm forks, it was warrantied for it but it didn't ride too well. I tolerated that til I rode a Soul and discovered what it ought to be like, and never rode it with 130mm again. But at up to 110mm or so it was ace. light, excellent handling, not overly stiff… I miss it.

epicyclo

KINGTUT – Member
    Very good.
    Yes it would.
    Yes it is.

+1

ratadog

KINGTUT – Member

Very good.

Yes it would.

Yes it is.

+2

I have a Scandal 29er and it is the bike I ride most frequently. Bought as a bike for riding out the gate and seeing where I get to. I live at the edge of the North York Moors so usual rides a mix of tarmac, bridleway, singletrack and Dalby red and seems to cope with the lot. Also used for MTBO which is as fast as I get.

Northwind

Oh shut up willya! I'm in a permanent state of almost-buying-a-29er-scandal, you're not helping 🙁

tazzymtb

I have a slot droppy 29er scandal ss and it's a bloomin ace bike! Happily use it for xc blasts and with 80mm forks it's great for peak district and welsh hilly bits too. 😀

epicyclo

Not only are they good for XC and general riding, but they are also good for long distance bike walking as I proved last weekend.

DarrenH

Thanks guys, would rock shock recon sl forks suit it well?
    That's about the most my budget will stretch to!

epicyclo

Use On-One's carbon fork and fat tyres. You can always buy a sus fork later.

(I bought a sus fork, used it for 2 weeks and went back to the carbon fork)

vinnyeh

Peter Poddy had a pair of recons for sale for £125 on the classifieds yesterday, and was willing to set them to whatever travel you wanted- they'd be ideal at 100mm, if not the lightest, if they're still available.

ferrit32
    Free Member

Spammage – Anybody looking for a Scandal 29er should take a look at this one I have for sale

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/prototype-on-one-scandal-29er-frame-slot-drop-orange-charge-a2z-finishing?replies=7#post-1459208

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘On one Scandal’ is closed to new replies.