• This topic has 21 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by nant.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • On one pricing ??
  • renton
    Free Member

So just browsing the on one site and seen the Codeine 29er frame for sale sans shock for £799.

Then a bit further down I came across the frame with shock and fork for exactly the same price ??

Am I missing something here ?

weeksy

In my recent experience they’re a shoddy bunch of cowboys.

I own a Parkwood and have bought plenty from them, but my last 2 purchases and how they dealt with the aftermath means I’m done with them!

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

1st like is frame only no shocks for £399. RRP £799
    2nd is a package for £799.

What am I missing? Ah thats only the small.

johnnystorm

Come on, you’ve been in the game long enough to know the score? 😉

coomber
    Free Member

Their pricing is variable but they seem to be keeping prices pretty stable for a while now. They do have random listings of stuff which make no sense though like the op Links.. ie the codeine bundles. But they have been up for months now.

For the money I still think the bundle deal is great value for money.

Crc do the same everlasting sale but because they do free postage and returns get no bad comoments on here it seems. I’m happy customer of both.

devash
    Free Member

I wouldn’t trust them nowadays, especially for a frame or full build. It always feels like they are about to go into administration at any moment, and the stories people have posted on here about warranty support (or lack of it) scares me away. Its a shame as I’d love to pick up a 26″ Inbred frame but I just don’t want to risk it.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

I keep thinking about a Pickenflick, seems great value for money.
    But TBH I agree with Devash, IMHO they could do with streamlining their products and offer a few solid bikes.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Pick’s are great. Had 2. still got 1

mattbee

How much can go wrong with a gas pipe frame though? The Inbred was hardly renowned for failure even in its STW ubiquitous era.
    I use PX/On One far less since they bumped up the free postage level. Have only had one ‘missing’ order issue with them but they eventually resolved that so I guess it’s classic patchy customer service due to poor policy implementation on their part; really does seem to depend who you speak to & when.

renton
    Free Member

Ive used them quite a bit in the past and also had 3 or 4 inbred frames before with no issues.

Find it strange they can knock out a frame, fork and shock for the same price they are offering a bare frame for?

rockchic
    Free Member

Their pricing is all over the place.Bought a helmet and a pair of gloves.Very happy with them so I thought i’d buy again.Helmet had doubled in price and the gloves up by 50%.

coomber
    Free Member

The 29 codeine frames are old now 4/5 years. Just want to clear them I guess. Most of their variable pricing are on these old models. Probably want to streamline down to the newer models. I see they have sold out of the 29er parkwood frames doing this.

The Dee dar on the other end of the spectrum has stayed at 249 frame only for 6 months now. Newer model.

cokie

This is why you want to stick to Whyte, Renton 🙂

RustySpanner

On One should have been huge – fun, value, homegrown bikes at great prices.
    😐

Shame.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

he stories people have posted on here about warranty support (or lack of it) scares me away.

In their defense I’ve had to call on their warranty dept twice.

Once for a Floater that exploded when the bead snapped which they replaced without question.

Once for a bike where the headset wouldn’t stay tight, turned out to be the stem which was at fault. They gave me a free set of carbon bars to make up for it taking longer to diagnose (the warranty guy actually went out for a ride to try and replicate the problem!).

No complaints about either experience.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

IMO It’s a pity there aren’t more simple cheap framesets around so people can build up bikes out of all their old bits. Maybe some 26″ frames with newer geometry to make use of all those old 26″ wheels/tyres.

Personally I’d love some cheap 700c/29er hybrid frames in boring plain colours so i could use my old MTB bits to make a commuter.

You can pick frames up off ebay, but it’s time consuming and a bit hit n miss quality wise.

Maybe the market is too small or they’d just be too expensive?

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Personally I’d only use Planet X/On-One if I wanted cheap components for a hack bike – wouldn’t trust their RRPs/Customer Service for anything more expensive

highlandman
    Free Member

I’ve never really got the displeasure some folk have with this outfit. I’ve only ever had one problem, which they resolved efficiently, being a Truvativ BB within a complete Inbred 29er that ate itself very rapidly. I’ve still got that bike at 10 years old, built as a flat bar road bike and it’s done thousands of miles, including everything from year round commuting to Alpine touring. There’s also a great 7 year old 26″ Inbred that has done 40+ Sidlaw commutes this year already and only this year is starting to show the first signs of rust at the gussets. At the silly prices, a new 26″ Inbred frame is an absolute steal and will build into a great hack/commute/spares bike. Why on earth would you allow questions over RRP or the rare reports of customer problems from diverting you from a proper bargain, especially as it does what you need it to do?
    Remember, reporters tend to be skewed; you rarely hear free feedback from happy customers.

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve still got that bike at 10 years old

10 years ago they were a different kettle of fish entirely

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

To be fair they must still be among the most popular bikes on the trails so they must be doing something right. Even down here in the stockbroker belt, it’d be unusual to go for a ride and not see at least a few steel on-ones.

The DeeDarr still looks like good value, it’s just a different price point to the old 456. The 456 may have been £100 (or more) cheaper at times, but the build quality is in a different league. The 456 had dropouts that looked like they came straight off a BSO, and the tubes flattened and welded to them. The Deedarr has cowled (and replaceable) dropouts, plate chainstay, braced seatube, etc. The question is, do any of those things matter, or would people still buy a 45650b/45629 even if it did have a plain gauge headtube and unfashionable axle choices.

nant
    Free Member

Pricing is random.

I like their customer service.Always answering my ridiculous questions.

I’ve bought 3 frames over a 5 year period.

1 frame is an inbred.

Another a Titus frame which arrived with a massive dent in the head tube which they refunded within a week.

Most recent being March 2016. Bought a codeine 29 with shock for 400 pounds. A bargain!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘On one pricing ??’ is closed to new replies.