Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • On-One Pickenflick geometry/sizing
  • jtdm
    Free Member

I’m very tempted by the Pickenflick Ti CX bike from On-One/Planet X. Trying to figure out the sizing relative to my road position, though.

I’m 6′ tall and my road bike is a 56cm Cervelo with 560mm stack and 394mm reach, running a 100mm stem. 73/73 angles.

Looking at the medium Pickenflick, the stack is 576mm and reach is 369, with 73 seat tube and 70.5 head tube. I’m thinking that this would work as I could run a 100mm stem, and have a position that is slightly more upright and shorter than my road position.

Any other Pickenflick owners out there want to chime in?

#internetbikefit

Daffy

I’m similarly 6′ and had both the large and the medium. The medium was a better fit. I also ride a 56 road bike.

onandon
    Free Member

I have a 51 cervelo s3 with 110 stem and 80 reach on the bars and a pickenflick 54 with a 100 stem and 70 reach.
    I’m 5.10

jtdm
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

Daffy – what length stem did you run the medium with?

Daffy

For road duties? 100mm; off-road, 70mm.

robertgray05
    Free Member

<shameless plug>

geometrygeeks.bike mightl help you compare geometry between frames. I don’t think we have those bikes in the database yet though – you’d need to add them (it’s easy)

</shameless plug>

robbie
    Free Member

Been looking at the pickenflick myself. Was £1000 build it yourself but notice tonight they have hiked the price to £1200 so gonna leave it just now see what happens with prices.

robbie
    Free Member

onandon
    Free Member

I paid around 700 for my frame. Their finishing kit is pretty bad so I’d suggest building it yourself and sourcing your own components.

Mine worked out at around 1400 with 50mm carbon wheels. 1×11 force cx, schealbe g-one tyres, Thomson stem, post and bars.

robertgray05
    Free Member

@jdtm – I see you added the S1, cheers. I added the Pickenflick table so you can see the comparison here

ssbnreso
    Free Member

10% off with code pxnewyear17 till Monday 2nd Jan

DiscJockey
    Free Member

I’m 6ft, and ride 56cm road frames.

I bought a size Large Pickenflick frame in September (it’s brilliant).

I went for large as it’s the effective top-tube that was most important to me, and the Medium was too short at 545mm. I’m running a 100mm stem with a 25mm aheadset spacer. Can’t say I’ve ever worried too much about things like stack and reach. All I know is that if I go out for a tough 5 hour ride, the one thing I don’t end up thinking about is the bike – it just does its job perfectly.

godders
    Free Member

I’m 6f and was in same predicament, went for large and it’s pretty much same as my road bike. There’s no way I’d of bought a medium and just too cramped. I use mine as an all rounder, for cyclocross I run a 90mm stem but I’ve left this on now all the time, wh n I get back on road bike which is a 56cm I can feel that more efficient, but with same stem on pickenflick they both feel very similar. 20£ stem, and 5 mins with Allen keys, I’d prefer that than an overly short top tube and feeling cramped. GO LARGE!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘On-One Pickenflick geometry/sizing’ is closed to new replies.