Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • On One Parkwood (for the wife)
  • SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Been looking around for a new bike for my wife for around the £400 to £500 mark, and at that price point, with the current sale, it’s looking hard to look past the On One Parkwood X5.

Obvious issue is that she’s going to need to take a bit of a punt on it as the sale ends at midnight and the nearest place we can try one is 200 miles away.

She’s 5’5″ so was looking at a small frame size.

She hasn’t dome much riding for the last few years so looking for something fairly comfy (not too stretched out) and forgiving – Initially will be used for lightish XC trails together with some general family pootling on fire roads and the like, aiming to build up to some more adventurous stuff.

Anyone got one and care to give some feedback on suitability?

In particular, any female riders out there got one and have some opinions to share?

The PX website seems to indicate that returns are straightforward if it’s not a good fit, but any real world experience would be appreciated.

Ta

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Found some reviews on here from last year so pushed the button anyway.

Also somehow accidentally bought myself a carbon-forked Fatty at the same time (ouch!).

bigjim

can’t comment on the sizing or the build kit as I bought a frame but I really like my Parkwood for blatting around the bushes

sgn23
    Free Member

Just bought one for my missus too. The ‘womens’ spec is a bit tenuous: lighter rims, female saddle and a silly narrow bar seem to be the only changes. I love my Parkwood so hopefully this’ll be just as good.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘On One Parkwood (for the wife)’ is closed to new replies.