Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • on one or ragley hardtail
  • cocker
    Free Member

I’m currently riding a scott scale 29er,ive had it for about 6 months but im not convinced its for me,it feels a bit too stretched out and low on the front end,and im finding it awkard on tight trails.
    so im thinking of trying to pick up a second hand 26er hardtail,as they are reasonably priced at the minute.
    ive got my eye on a on one 456 and a ragley mmmbop, any veiws on either of these bikes would be helpful?

THANKS

fizik
    Free Member

Or get one of these newer 29ers such as a ragley big wig, will be pretty nippy

pickle
    Free Member

can’t comment on Ragley but i’ve had a few On Ones and loved all of them, really loving my current 456 evo 2

welshfarmer

I have been looking for about 6 months for exactly what you seek and can only say that prices do not seem to be reasonable at all. If anything they are rising.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve got a nice 26″ Ibis Tranny frame for sale……..

richardkennerley

I’ll be selling a stanton slackline in a few weeks (plus wheels and fork) once me new frame shows up.

cocker
    Free Member

Thanks for the offers of the frames,but ideally id be after a complete bike,as I’m a hopeless mechanic.
    im thinking that if im happy with the 26er,I’ll sell the scale and get a new one in either 26 or 650b

scotroutes

I used to have an mmmbop and quite fancied another as I really enjoyed riding it. I looked around at 2nd hand ones but couldn’t believe how much they were selling for. I decided it wasn’t worth it and bought a new Ragley Marley frame instead. I’ve still to build the wheels up but tge frame looks well finished.

richardkennerley

I used to have a 2011 Piglet. It was ace.

rudedog
    Free Member

How much are mmmbop frames going for Scotroutes? I’ve an 18″ sitting in the garage that I haven’t got round to selling yet.

voodoo_chile

I’ve got a ragley bigwig ,nippy and responsive a joy to ride

Northwind

I kind of half loved, half hated my mmmbop- the geometry’s fantastic but I didn’t get on with the sheer stiffness of the thing. I don’t mean comfort, that was fine, but it constantly pinged and bounced off things when going fast, it was a bloomin handful. Some folks like that though. I replaced it with a Ti which I still have (Scotroutes’ fault), absolutely love it. Outstanding downhill, but also a randomly good technical climber.

Also had a C456 (not a steel one, tried it and thought it was just lumpen) and with an angleset in it, it was pretty good- almost as good handling as the Bop, and lighter. But as standard it just didn’t inspire me at all, it’s not an especially good climber or descender, it just sort of muddles along being adequate.

shadowfax

The new ragley range looks mighty impressive. 150 travel manitous 😀

poah
    Free Member

Dartmoor hornet

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’ve a mmmBop and agree with Northwinds comments. Is a bit of a handful but that’s partly why I like it, makes things a bit more interesting 🙂 Geometry is spot on (just don’t stick a massive fork on it, about 130mm works best for me.) And the stiffness is nice for climbing.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Commencal Meta SX HT can be had for not too much, if you can find a frame. Just built one up with 2×9 from the spares box plus ancient U turn Lyriks and really like it. Not getting VFM from my Liteville at the moment…

Bullet

I have a carbon 456 and have grown to love it. Have to alter my riding from the fs and the back end is VERY stiff… But once that all clicks it’s ace on singletrack and takes everything I can throw at it.

sgn23
    Free Member

I really like my On One Parkwood 29er. You can get a frame and transfer most of the Scott bits over. It’s a trail HT unlike the Scott so not stretched out and a higher front end. Surprisingly nimble too. Dare I say it on here, but I wouldn’t go back to 26 now.

cocker
    Free Member

Thanksvfor the replies,i called into the on one showroom earler,and had a look at the parkwood 27.5 and the 45650b,they also had a 456 evo as well,not sure what the difference is though.
    Has anyone any pics of theirs ,or any other suggestions?
    Thanks

CheesybeanZ

feels a bit too stretched out and low on the front end,and im finding it awkard on tight trails.

Have you tried a shorter stem and wider bars , maybe a stem with a bit of rise before spending loads on another bike . Classifieds , on one or superstar all worth a try .

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘on one or ragley hardtail’ is closed to new replies.