Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • On One NW Ringmaster query
  • matther01
    Free Member

Just bought one for my brother in laws build.

Anyone else think they are particularly thick where they meet the bolt holes (compared against my RF and Works anyway) making for a better chainline (i.e. moving it further inward)?

I would measure but means detaching my current rings and too much faff

Brant – can you shed any light?

Cheers

fin25
    Free Member

Which one have you got? I got the 30t one this morning. Because of it being smaller, it has threaded bolt holes cut into the ring itself. They do have a bit of a lip on the outer edge, presumably to add strength and improve the chainline.

matther01
    Free Member

It’s a 32t. Not sure if it’s because my RF and works have cut out sections all the way around and bolt recesses…maybe my mind is playing tricks on me!

steve_b77
    Free Member

My 32t came today, I was surprised at how thick it was if I’m honest

fin25
    Free Member

It does seem a bit thick, but for £20 I have no complaints (although I haven’t fitted it yet).

cookeaa

My 30t arrived today, can see a few machining marks but generally looks good, and yes it is very thick but so is the 34t vectoix I already have.

I think the cheaper TT rings must all be cut out of the same chunky old plate and obviously as there are so many machining op’s to do on the tooth profiles to save time, cutter wear and hence cost they have to leave a fair old chunk of material behind at the base, RF and other more “Premium” brand rings will have more material taken away, making them lighter but obviously a bit pricey-er, you pays your money etc, etc… You could always take a drill to it if the weight bothers you that much, was only £20…

Although I notice the price has gone up by a fiver since I pre-ordered mine last week… Stealthy 😉

matther01
    Free Member

No way worried about weight..just more interested if the thickness will improve the chain line on my brother in laws double.

fin25
    Free Member

In answer to your question, probably…

fenred
    Free Member

My 32t has just landed on my desk…Bit concerned my short CR bolts are going to be too short!

c_klein87

do the 30t versions have built in chainring bolts? tempted to get as a spare for inevitably muddy bontrager 24hr solo

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘On One NW Ringmaster query’ is closed to new replies.