Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • on-one not on it
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

All I want to know is the frame weight of their 45650b frame. Emailed, tweeted, fb post. No responses….obviously they don’t want my business so can anyone recommend a similar priced frame with 44mm headset and capable of handling a 140mm ish fork or in fact supply me with this mysterious information that on-one don’t wish to divulge. Thx.

Jamie
    Free Member

Someone will be along shortly to tell you that you should have rang them…

kayak23

You should have rung them.

daveh
    Free Member

Lol

daveh
    Free Member

And I’ll guess at 5.5 to 6 lbs whilst I’m here.

darrenspink
    Free Member

🙂

chainslapp
    Free Member

Brant to the forum……..Brant to the forum please?…….

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

It’s going to be 6lbs, give or take, but even if it was a pound or two either way would you honestly notice??

PJ266
    Free Member

Heavy, the answer is heavy 😀

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

i don’t get the bagging on on-one all over the forum at the minute – i thought people liked them for doing pretty innovative and relevant things at stupidly low prices and being small and british.
    Then the second they don’t give multi-national corporate slick service everyone stomps all over them.
    Can’t have it both ways.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

about the same weight as 9 tubes and 4 plates of steel welded together, plus or minus some paint, grease on the threads and the stickers.

I’m actually upset they’ve never upset me, I feel left out.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I too feel left out by not having them give me poor service. I may actually have to rectify that by making my first order.

vincienup
    Free Member

All I want to know is the frame weight of their 45650b frame. Emailed, tweeted, fb post. No responses….obviously they don’t want my business so can anyone recommend a similar priced frame with 44mm headset

I’m guessing that someone who works in retail identified you as a customer who would be too much bother … 🙄

takisawa2

Same as the Mk1…

scaredypants

It’s about as heavy as a bucket half full of horseshit

benno
    Free Member

Great products, super fast delivery, zero customer service.

igm

They sent me a small top instead of a 3XL. My first thought was not kidding about Italian sizing.

They’re sorting it without any bother of course and it made my wife laugh (possibly at me but that’s life)

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Evenif you get a reply it won’t be helpful!

The one time I asked about a frame I got a sarcastic snarky reply. So I just bought something elsewhere instead.

Duffer
    Free Member

If you’re overly bothered about weight, then i’d suggest you’re looking at the wrong frame.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s about as heavy as a bucket half full of horseshit

This shit really makes the trail come alive mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn…………

iolo
    Free Member

An answer to a simple question is all he asks for.
    What’s wrong with that?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Cheers for the weight tips, so about the same as 30 big boxes of yorkshire tea?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Thx for the support iolo 😉

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Did you ask on myspace, bebo, snapchat, instagram, friends-reunited or strava? 🙂

(my guess is around 2.6kg)

Gotama
    Free Member

Half way down the thread but there are other results if you just use google to give you an idea.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tell-me-about-the-on-one-456-and-maybe-show-yours

garage-dweller

Heavier than more expensive bikes that do the same job.

If you are a weight worrier you may want / need to spend more!

brant
    Free Member

Similar to 456 evo2.
    That’s 5lb 10oz. Add a couple of ounces for the bigger headtube, so call it 5lb 12oz
    No Kate Moss that’s for sure!

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

I’m guessing that someone who works in retail identified you as a customer who would be too much bother …

that must be what they though when my sister went in with cash in hand to buy a Pompetamine if they could facilitate swap for flat bars… no sale! she happily spent her money elsewhere

rickon
    Free Member

Brant’s making me crave cake.

Northwind

Try getting this information from Orange, it’s top sekrit.

brant
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    Try getting this information from Orange, it’s top sekrit.
    POSTED 6 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

When weight is such a finite figure and so many manufacturers have imaginative ways of weighing things then it’s hard
    I’ve seen carbon frame weights quoted for smallest size raw frames with no paint or metal fixings like cable guides or bearing faces.

We weigh production items on a park tools scale and quote it.
    I’ll get our content team to raise their game on this.

Our dropper compatible seattube has added frame weight for sure. And the 44mm ht too. But it’s for a good reason I think.
    Yes, steel frames used to be lighter. When forks were six inches shorter and levered the frame less, and when 27.2m seatposts ruled the roost along with skinny inch forks.

Northwind

I like the weight game. Coming from motorbikes, I remember an interview with Kawasaki… They designed the second 636, and naturally tested it against the competition. When they had a retailable package they liked, they weighed it “dry” and discovered it was about 20kg heavier than the competitors. Heart attacks all round, til someone decided to weigh the others…

It turned out that they were all crooked weights, and all by pretty much the same amount- so that the absolute numbers were fibs but the result was actually fair, the lightest bike had the lightest fake weight and so on. So, feeling a sense of honour, they worked out where their bike lay in the scheme of things, and then made up an “honest” lie to match the others. As far as I know, this is still the standard process for “weighing” sportsbikes.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Halfords can knock out a complete bike for £70. On One frame, most likely from the same factory costs twice that. And we’ve all been led to believe this is fantastic value for money…

tomhoward

Halfords can knock out a complete bike 50lb POS BSOs, sold at much higher volume, to a completely different market for £70. On One frame, most likely from the same factory costs twice that. And we’ve all been led to believe this is fantastic value for money…

Ftfy. Dacia sell cars for £6k brand new. Caterham kit car, made from the same raw materials, cost 3 times that. And we’ve been led to believe this is fantastic value for money

Ffs 🙄

raisinhat
    Free Member

Ftfy. Dacia sell cars for £6k brand new. Caterham kit car, made from the same raw materials, cost 3 times that. And we’ve been led to believe this is fantastic value for money

akira

I didn’t realise halfords and on one used the same factory, oh hang on this is just wild speculation with no basis in fact, otherwise known as the internet!
    I’ve had good service from on one and not so great service from them as well but it’s always been sorted out and I like the stuff they do so I’ll continue to use them, Fatty is most fun bike I’ve ever owned, even if it is a halfords knock off!

johanhej
    Free Member

I tried contacting them to asking what’s happening to the complete 45650b. On 9th of December brant wrote on Facebook “very very soon” or sth like that. Haven’t seen a thing about it. I would be interested in the codeine too, but I’m guessing these complete builds won’t be available until summer at earliest….

darrenspink
    Free Member

Thanks for the info Brant, yep no Kate moss…but i’ve never fancied her anyway. Just got to work out costs of moving to 650b now. Maybe I’ll be ok with 26″ forks and wheels for a bit?

noteeth
    Free Member

and when 27.2m seatposts ruled the roost

26.8 mm still rules… at least in my world.

ndg
    Free Member

My latest bike takes 25.8 😕

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘on-one not on it’ is closed to new replies.