Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • On-One Monocoque Tapered Carbon Fork – which expander bung?
  • angeldust
    Free Member

I’m installing some On-One Monocoque Tapered Carbon Forks, and the steerer appears to be to too thick for a hope head doctor. Correct me if wrong, but I’ve been told a star nut on a carbon steerer is a bad idea? If that is the case, can anyone recommend an alternative steerer compressor bung that is narrower than the head doctor? Thanks in advance.

cp

Any expander for a carbon fork will do. Planet x/ on one sell them.

rossp
    Free Member

I was about to ask the same question, but for the straight steerer forks, the on one bung linked above didnt fit!

cp

really? Got them on a couple of bikes, work great.

daveh
    Free Member

I used on ones own but it took plenty of filing to make it fit. Great fork, usual manufacturing standard…

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Try this one, it’s the wall thickness of the carbon that is the issue
    team alu one

angeldust
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Will order the planet X one and give it a try.

Any expander for a carbon fork will do.

Isn’t that what the hope head doctor is? It doesn’t fit.

cp

Hope head doctor is for alu steerers not carbon. Carbon steerers are generally quite a but thicker.

stumpytrek
    Free Member

FSA expander bung is excellent IMO

angeldust
    Free Member

Right, makes sense, but what about the guys above who are using carbon expander bungs and they still don’t fit?……

letmetalktomark

I needed a 1” expander for my 1 1/8” On One carbon form as the steerer was so thick. No issue once fitted though.

angeldust
    Free Member

I needed a 1” expander for my 1 1/8” On One carbon form as the steerer was so thick. No issue once fitted though.

Got a link?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

I’ve posted a link for the correct one. Believe me it’s the right one!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘On-One Monocoque Tapered Carbon Fork – which expander bung?’ is closed to new replies.