Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • On One Mono carbon forks (29er)
  • slowjo
    Free Member

I am contemplating a new pair of forks for my Niner Sir9. Niner carbon forks are silly expensive but I like the ‘blade’ look.

The On Ones look sort of similar but do they perform as well? Are they any good anyway? Does anyone have any experience of them?

I have a pair of the more traditional (round) On Ones on another bike and they are fine. Just wanted feedback on the mono version really.

bonesetter
    Free Member

The ac’s on the short side isn’t it?

slowjo
    Free Member

Well spotted! 470 on the Niner and old skool On One, 450 on the mono!

I had missed that! 😳

bonesetter
    Free Member

Your SIR9’s HA is steep enough without going 450 😯

MSP
    akira

Running some on my Kula, seem to work fine so far. Steep head angle is just something I live with, on one do longer versions as well.

slowjo
    Free Member

X Lites look interesting, they have them in 170mm flavour too. Anyone use these? How do they compare with the Niners? Is there enough difference that I’d even notice? …apart from the £££££ of course.

maurizio
    Free Member
    jezandu
    Free Member

What’s the head tube on the niner? Is it tapered? On one do two mono forks. One is their short version and is 450mm and is standard fit their other is tapered and 470mm. The standard black is a very raw finish, it not laquered or anything. I painted mine and it looks great now but as yet I’ve not ridden them so I’ll have to comment later on performance.

Jez http://www.followingthechainline.blogspot.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘On One Mono carbon forks (29er)’ is closed to new replies.