Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • On One. Missed delivery and returned parcels. Any experiences?
  • HeathenWoods
    Free Member

My missus bought me a Merino top in November. We missed the delivery and didn't get to the post office to collect it in time (didn't read the small print on the card – we only had 7 days rather than 21 as it was recorded).

She sent an email to On One (14th Nov) to ask if it could be sent back out once it reached them. Got a reply from Adrian (16th Nov) who said, yep, fine, once iot gets to us via Ireland (?!) She replies saying thanks, great.

Nothing. The tracking says there was an attempt to deliver to Unknown on 2nd Dec and is now being returned to sender – which would, presumably have been 'unknown'.

She sends an email on December 22nd saying, erm, it's gone a bit quiet, the top's not going to be here for Christmas is it? The reply was that it's not reached them and that it has to go via Ireland. She says, oh, okay, reassuring to know that you know what's going on.

26th January. She emails again to ask what's happening. No response.

Well, it sounds like a grand arse-up. We should have collected the parcel in time, fair enough. But I'm a bit mystified by the whole "it has to be returned to us via Ireland," line and now falling silent. Sure they're moving warehouses but they could maybe have found 5mins to chase up the parcel.

Has anyone been through this kind of thing with them before? Can it *really* take this long?

thepodge
    Free Member

when i was at on one it happened a lot, especially for eastern Europe customers. i think the royal mail's business sorting / returns office is in Ireland or something. its very long winded. it may take 1 or 2 days to get from the shop to you but from you to the shop (via undeliverable / returns) can take an age. essentially the post office are providing that service for free so they don't really seem to be bothered about time / cost.

as for chasing up the parcel, they have, they know its in Ireland. they cant then make the post office go any faster.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Okay, cheers for the info, much appreciated. It's dragging on for us a bit now so it's useful to know it's fairly normal.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

2 months without your gear is normal?

You need a refund straight away. They are taking the pizz.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘On One. Missed delivery and returned parcels. Any experiences?’ is closed to new replies.