Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • On-One Marinos – who's used 'em?
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Thinking of this one

£30 down from £60

On-One Merino Core Element Long Sleeve With Zip 200g

mboy
    Free Member

I had one of their Merino tops a couple of years ago. Seemed alright, but beware the fit… Came up smaller than I’d expect, but not only that, after 1 wash it shrunk a bit (on cold), a second wash and it was too tight for me so gave it to my ex GF, and after another couple of washes it was too small for her!

c_klein87

glad the prices have come down, i never really wash my other merino tops but heard they are prone to shrinking!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tomhughes
    Free Member

I have 3 pieces of PX merino, they are all fantastic! I wouldn’t ride without them now!

jonnyv
    Free Member

Had one,washed it warm,shrunk.Only wash cold and is that actually a wash?

bonesetter
    Free Member

I have a Baa-Baa merino – other half washed in – shrank 🙁

So what about the On-One’s?

headfirst
    Free Member

Mine’s great. Not itchy, nice and snug. Washed at 40C, hung on an airer to dry each time and its still in good nick.

By the way, I’ve just ordered an icebreaker for £30 from following the link on the other base layer thread.

the_lecht_rocks

Icebreaker is the best IMHO.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Got the merino bundle a couple of years ago and had no problems. Wear it for work as well so had a lot of use out of it.

bonesetter
    Free Member

The icebraker in the other thread is more a base layer

The On-One looks more like a more versatile top – possibly wear down the pub type of thing

juan
    Free Member

possibly wear down the pub type of thing

Why do you use merino tops for something else? They are pants for riding.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

not sure how its “down from £60” Ive never seen it on their site?! Most of their other stuff seems to be marked up, their merino base layers are usually “reduced” to 15 quid or so.

Regarding their base layers me n Munqe Chick must have about a dozen and never had any problems with any, she lives in em. Have survived numerous washes.

Stoner
    Free Member

I was looking at getting another one of these but….all the other on-one merino tops I have are still going strong. Love mine – I got the pack of three on special a year or two ago. Still wear them all week to week. not shrunk, not frayed and zips still good. ALmost a pity not to have a need of any more.

bonesetter
    Free Member

So is it best to order a size up on the on-one’s?

MoreCashThanDash

BAM tops from Bamboo Clothing ftw….

brant
    Free Member

Should be filing an Ed Oxley review of the 150g short sleeve next week.
    Coolmax/merino back with 150g merino front.

200g long sleeve is best seller on site now.

scrumfled
    Free Member

I never understand why people dont put size guides on their site….. I seem to vary between medium to XL across the various manufacturers. Its beyond irritating and almost always guarantees I’ll buy elsewhere.

bigdean

Got a fair few merino bases from on one. There good really like the thin vest ones as they pack into a sandwich bag (A warm dry base mid horrid wet fest is great) and dry pretty quick plus you can layer up them. Havent used the nike ones since.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

their size guide seemed to involve having their kit modelled by staffers with a range of unusual sizes….

For their base layers you seem to need a different size depending on their weight, IIRC I have a large 150grm and a medium 200/250grm and all are baselayer tight (might be other way round, not in a position to check right now).

Why do you use merino tops for something else? They are pants for riding.

The use/value of using merinos as base layers seems to be a function of how heavily you sweat. All the naysayers in recent threads complain about them soaking up and holding sweat so you end up getting cold; I wear them as a base layer all the time riding mtb, road, motorcycle and snowboard and think they are brilliant but I’m not a profuse sweater (I’ll have a red glow when riding buddies have it literally dripping off them).

smell_it
    Free Member

I sweat like jimmy saville in a kids home but still like using Marino base layers. They do get wringing wet, but have never found they leave me cold when layered up. My on one Marino shrunk, but my howies ones have been great and they just get washed with everything else.

stanleigh
    Free Member

Gulp ,I just bought one of these !

Never had a problem with Endura Baa Baa Merinos , so lets hope this is the same for the PX ones.

miketually
    Free Member

I bought a Howies merino base layer years ago. Despite snagging the hem on some velcro in the wash very early on and then pulling a couple of holes in the arm when I forgot I’d pinned a race number the though my short sleeve top and the base layer beneath, it’s survived numerous washes and camping trips and gardening sessions without shrinking, going bobbly, or the holes spreading.

A Swobo merino top lasted a couple of rides and then fell apart.

The Howies one never felt or looked like it was knitted from wool, while the very much Swobo one did. Are the On-Ones’ more Howies or more Swobo?

carbon337
    Free Member

Received 2 on Saturday.

290g with zip and 150 performance. Both medium.

Both going back tomorrow. 150 has thumb holes as and is too big for a performance fit and arms too long for me. 200g with zip is a better fit but the zip goes down at an angle when worn. This will irritate me.

Back to buying an icebreaker.

Edit- in the pic above it shows the wonky zip.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Hmmm bad news for the On-Ones’s. I’ll look at Howies

The £15 Kona going around a month or so back is just brilliant

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘On-One Marinos – who's used 'em?’ is closed to new replies.