Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • On-One Macinato v Pompino
  • soma_rich
    Free Member

Is the Machinato much more head down racer oriented and the Pomp a bit more laid back and CX geometry?

Anyone ride a Machinato as a commuter? What’s your opinion?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

IIRC theyr’re the same geometry, but the pompino has more clearance and thiner top tube making it more comfortable. The Machiato’s more like a steel road bike with track ends (but still made from the same Cr-Mo).

Oi, On-One, and 853 Machiato please! Or even better, with gears, you could even call it the Latte or cappuchino (like a machiato, but more milk/gears).

soma_rich
    Free Member

Same Geomtery? That would be perfect as I had a Pomp and know exactly how they ride.
    Awesome 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Same front end anyway, think the chainstays are shorter (hence closer clearances). Think it’s more ‘fixie’ than kaffenback with track ends like the pompino.

brant
    Free Member

How spooky. Our Caroline just asked me the same thing.

Same front end, though shorter fork makes it steeper and faster.
    Same sizing.
    Shorter chainstay.

So a bit more racerery.

soma_rich
    Free Member

How spooky. Our Caroline just asked me the same thing.

err that was me too….

I was just worried it would feel totally different to my old Pomp.

MussEd
    Free Member

Holy thread resurrection! Can I ask how does weight compare? Looking for a fast steel SS to replace A stolen Kona Band Wagon. A pals Pomp felt so much heavier than the Kona, would the Macinato be of similar heft?

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

i’ve got both

20130611_102010 by cycleofaddiction 1, on Flickr
    the macinato is a bit heavier and stiffer but the great thing with both bikes is their adaptability..build them up how you like but personally i think the macinato better suits the fixie/ss role and the pomp makes a great do it all sscx machine..i love my pomp it is a great bike i ride mine on all the same trails as my mtb and it never misses a beat..the pompino weighs about 18 1/2 lbs as is in the pic but it is quite a strong spec you could probably get it lighter but not much..everybody should have a pompino in there stable..the macinato is great fun for just getting about town on…

endurancenut
    Free Member

Pomp can take mudguards – necessary for commuting all year round IMO.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Built up a Macinato over the winter. Not ridden a pomp but the Macinato is a brilliant little bike. Handles really well and is surprisingly fast even with a fat biffa like me on it. If Brant ever decided to do a version with a derailleur hanger on the back I’d be seriously tempted.

Not weighed mine but it doesn’t ride like a heavy bike and is easily the bike I ride the most at the moment.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

Loving my Macinato, probably my favourite bike at the moment… Geometry seems reasonably relaxed to me although I do have quite a short stem on it. There’s a few pics here: link

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘On-One Macinato v Pompino’ is closed to new replies.