Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • On one maccatuskil
  • bohngy
    Free Member

Hey peeps, does anyone know about this new frame from on-one/planet x.. It’s on their website at the moment, but there is no image and it’s listed as “awaiting stock”. LOOKY….

shermer75
    Free Member

I know that when you google it you are one result away from a google wack

everyone
    Free Member

Seems to have been taken down now.

shermer75
    Free Member

Spooky

trail_rat
    Free Member

“I know that when you google it you are one result away from a google wack”

Except maccatuskil isnt in the dictionary 😀

akira

It’s in a warehouse with their fatty trail frames I imagine.

ahwiles
    Free Member

if only you could search a t’interweb cache, using little more than a bit of cut-and-paste…

everyone
    Free Member

Yea but I’m on my phone and can’t be creased with the effort!

DezB
    Free Member

Surely a trials frame with that name? But a carbon 29er? Hmmm.

ontor
    Free Member

On-One Maccatuskil Carbon 29er Frame FROOMAC

from the US site:

Thoroughbred, carbon fibre, XC frame built to cover ground quicker than any other MTB in our line-up. The Maccatuskil simply flies up the inclines and inspires huge confidence on descents. It’s a world class XC race frame ready for you to tackle your local trails with.Toray T800 IM carbon frame
    Fast rolling 29er wheelset
    Agile, confidence inspiring XC geometry
    100mm suspension ready

Leku
    Free Member

£1000 for the frame…

AlexSimon

The Maccatuskil is a race ready carbon XC frame that’s supremely capable and utterly confidence inspiring. It’s just as ready to tackle your local trails as it is to take on the serious business of top-flight XC racing.

Carefully shaped from Torays T800 IM carbon fibre the Maccatuskil skilfully balances the dual requirements of minimum weight and maximum performance. An oversized headtube, massive bottom bracket area, box section chain stays and supple seat stays combine to deliver remarkable steering precision, maximum power transfer and energy saving rear triangle compliance. The Maccatuskil provides a magic carpet ride over the roughest terrain ensuring that every watt of power hits the trail.

An HDM front mech mount and press-fit BB92 offer you the flexibility of choosing between a huge number of drivetrain options- it’s perfect for SRAM’s 1x groupsets, but you could use it with a 2x if you have to! Designed around a 29er wheelset the Maccatuskil rolls over anything you put in its path, it’s agile on the singletrack and surefooted once the trails start pointing downwards.

If you’re looking for an XC bike that can built for comfort and built to race we challenge you to find a better choice than the Maccatuskil for anywhere near this price. It simply can’t be beaten.

1190gms 17.5″
    BB92 pressfit
    Colours: Lemon and Lime, Seville Orange

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Beaten to copying and pasting it by 32seconds, but 1190g for £1000?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

£500 for the frame and some handlebars you don’t want in 6 months

eddie11
    Free Member

makes the secret squirrel club seem cheap 🙂

http://www.uksport.gov.uk/resources/track-cycling

bohngy
    Free Member

well, momma didn’t raise no fool… I took a screen grab.

I don’t think it is £1000 for the frame, as suggested by the “fast rolling 29er wheelset”

I reckon it’s a complete bike. 🙂

faustus

Surely its a replacement for the Lurcher/Dirty Harry? A pattern chinese carbon frame repackaged..and nowt wrong with that if it’s a cheap frameset, £500 will be discounted soon enough. Not fussed about the name, but soon covered up 🙂

dirtyrider
    Free Member

terrible name

Northwind

I thought it was going to be a trials bike

eddie11
    Free Member

If it genuinely is a full xc racer strange time of year to release it. Seasons over.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If it genuinely is a full xc racer strange time of year to release it. Seasons over.

How many people actually take their ‘racing’ bike racing?

Alternatively, just in time to put your nice race bike away for the winter, or just in time for the Brass Monkey’s.

A pattern chinese carbon frame repackaged.

No one else has ever made anything as ugly as the lurcher.

Northwind

On One don’t usually sell pattern/off the shelf frames, their carbon and metal models are built to spec- as evidenced by the carbon ones usually having the exact same geometry as the gaspipe ones. Past comments suggest they own the tooling and molds too.

TBH this isn’t very important, there’ll be lots off-the-shelf frames out there built to higher spec than a shonky on one but still, it’s not historically a fair comment and no reason to assume that’s changed here.

sq225917
    Free Member

You boys don’t miss a trick. That was only up for half a day while we were testing some website features. It’ll be on show at the NEC bike show along with quite a few other new On-one bikes.

We’ve been busy… 😉

bohngy
    Free Member

Want to send one to me to test?

sq225917
    Free Member

bohngy, test rides, now that gives me an idea…..

johnnystorm

Maccatuskil an anagram of Mastic Caulk which gives a clue as to how it’s put together. 😉

sq225917
    Free Member

You know I’m not sure where the word came from or what it means.

jonjonjon3
    Free Member

Any news on this? Is it at the NEC show?

STATO
    Free Member

They have a new CX bike on a stand (pic on FB), maybe thats it.

faustus

There’s a bike in the background with b+ wheels too…guess i’ll find out tomorrow at the show!

mrblobby
    Free Member

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FROOMAC/on-one-maccatuskil-carbon-29er-frame

Mail shot’s out there. 799 for frame, which doesn’t seem a great deal compared to built up bikes. Looks quite nice.

Northwind

Weighs the same as a Cube Reaction GTC, which you can get for 500 euros.

GregMay
    Free Member

I read the colour as Savile orange…

duckman

Wow! £200 cheaper for the frame than it was when it appeared online last month! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

rOcKeTdOg

Wait a few months & it’ll be even cheaper….then it won’t…then it will etc etc

mrblobby
    Free Member

Weighs the same as a Cube Reaction GTC, which you can get for 500 euros.

Funnily enough that was one of my first thoughts having looked at that frame recently.

I’d wait to catch one on the downswing of the inevitable on one price rollercoaster.

Paceman
    Free Member

Press Fit BB 😐

harryjan
    Free Member

Anyone got one of these yet?

Very tempted by the £1,499 GX1 model (http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOOMCGX1/on-one-maccatuskil-sram-gx1-carbon-mountain-bike)

u02sgb
    Free Member

Still no one bitten? I’m curious but not willing to jump first. Would also like to know if it can handle a 2.4 ardent in the rear if it needed used for non racing purposes.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘On one maccatuskil’ is closed to new replies.