Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • On One Limited run frames
  • Olly
    Free Member

who else is sitting, wearing out the F5 (refresh) button on thier work computer waiting for the frame pre orders to be released?
    whos after what frame?!
    do we know how many of each frame thier are? (i realise i/we could just ASK but that would be too easy)

I myself am after an 18" Summer Season in lemon yellow
    if the slot dropout inbred was availible in that nice brown i could be tempted with that as well, but its not, luckily for my wallet.

grumm
    Free Member

16" orange Summer Season for me please. I don't really have the room/cash for another bike, and I should probably get something more sensible for regular XC duties, but I don't think I can stop myself.

takisawa2

Not me.
    The Wife would bloody kill me.

STATO
    Free Member

Was thinking about replacing the 18" 456ss with a 20" 456 in Broon, but not sure. Anyone had both and tell me what the difference the headtube angle makes to handling?

afrothunder88

Lemon 18" SS for me here too. It's driving me freaking nuts waiting for them to release 'em! Luckily I have different route to the website so my work computer doesn't show 15 million requests to On One's site!

igm

Not I. Wife would not kill me, just roll her eyes, but I would need a bigger garage.

IHN

When are the pre-orders supposed to be available?

Olly
    Free Member

yesterday, but thier internets were offline till 4 yesterday, so now today…….
    ….some time…..

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

grumm
    Free Member

I'm am going to be in quite a bit of trouble at some point today. Lucky I have just taken the missus away for the weekend. 🙂

I really shouldn't get a Summer Season. If get anything I should get a sliding dropout inbred and singlespeed it, so as to have something lighter/lower maintenance than my Pitch for local rides and in bad weather. BUT THE SHINY ORANGE!!!! I WANTS IT!!!!!
    😡 😈

Trekster

just bought the cousin of on-one, Pig

Olly
    Free Member

im going to single speed my* Summer season Grumm….

(* – "my" assumes i get one and dont explode first)

grumm
    Free Member

I thought you couldn't cos of the non-siding dropouts? Or have I got confused? Is it just less easy to do?

Bregante

456 in Brown. Not going to build it up for a while tho.

Olly
    Free Member

you can if your willing to use a tensioner.

the bike im "changing the frame on" is currently a SS, i may get an SLX drive chain if i like it enough, but it will be SS to start with, with a tensioner.

the_lecht_rocks

grumm – Member

I thought you couldn't cos of the non-siding dropouts? Or have I got confused? Is it just less easy to do?

i've single-speeded my Cove Hummer 😀 so assume it's poss on the Summer Season too……….

grumm
    Free Member

Ah ok thanks. Anyone recommend a cheap tensioner – or in fact a good guide to setting up a singlespeed bike? I don't want to have to splash out on full drivetrain just yet.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I quite like the 456 in Pink but also the SS in Orange.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Anyone recommend a cheap tensioner – or in fact a good guide to setting up a singlespeed bike? I don't want to have to splash out on full drivetrain just yet.

charlie the bikemonger

biker66
    Free Member

Yeah. I'm there. I was all set on the Summer Season in Lemon, but it doesn't look the same in the new pics, so now I'm gonna go for Orange. 18.
    But making me nuts too and I don't want to start thinking about sizing and colors all over again.
    I keep telling myself though, they are not really going to sell out in a couple of minutes. It's not like the Michael Jackson resurrection tour or anything.

Olly
    Free Member

theres a few options

magic ratio: ie, you find a ratio whereby the chain "just fits" but this is crap as you cant adjust for chain wear.

EBB: you can get an eccentric bottom bracket, that fits in a normal BB shell, but its about 120 quid + the bearings iirc.

spring loaded rear tensioner, like an on one doofer.
    ugly, a bit noisy.

Fixed tensioner at the back (gusset bachelor, the dmr versions are rubbish). basicly a roller that pushes the chain up, i find much better than a sprung loaded one, but a minor faff to get the wheel out.
    still ugly.

fixed tensioner at the front.
    my method of choice, basicly use a roller, like in a chain guide, to push the chain up around the ring to take up the slack.

search for "black spire stinger". this will work even better on the ISGS mounts on the summer season, however they are 20 quid, and dont ALWAYS manage to take up enough slack (i will be using this, but will check how much slack is needed to be taken up first)
    it DOES however leave the back end TOTALLY un cluttered, and the wheel is SO easy to drop in and out, and when you drop it in, its automatically tensioned perfectly.

grumm
    Free Member

nice one folks, think that has sealed the deal. 🙂

Btw I am assuming at 5'7 and a half I would want the 16", but I was wondering whether a 14" would be silly small. Was thinking it would be fun for jumpy stuff, but would quite like to able to ride xc as well.

I_Ache
    Free Member

My brother has an 18" 456 and at 6' I find it too long I would get a 16" IF I were to get one.

Olly
    Free Member

im 6'5" and am aiming at an 18"SS, with a short stem and setback seatpost so its a bit more "chucky" while still pedalable

my XC bikes are 21.5" giants

grumm
    Free Member

Hmm, interesting – Well now that throws the cat amongst the pigeons. 😕 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

grumm im 5 10 and ride a 16 the 18 was too big for me that i had before. i run it with a 70mm stem and the reach is the same as my med 5 spot with a 90mm stem on , they are long lol

grumm
    Free Member

Hmmm it's sounding like a 14" might be the one after all.

biker66
    Free Member

Oh damn. Didn't want to start thinking about size again. Im 5'11, 32 leg and was gonna go for the 18. Too big?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Grumm for what its worth I have a medium Pitch with a 70mm stem. If I were to get a normal Inbred I would go for the 18" I would use a SS for messing around on jumps and such. Maybe a bit of 4x and bmx tracks.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Yes

grumm
    Free Member

Cheers – I also have a medium Pitch (but with a 50mm stem) – what to do, arghhhh!

I want to use the SS for jumps, but also maybe trail centre type stuff – hmmmm…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

If your going for a 14inch, then that opens you up to all kinds of frames that are much more suitable for jumps and larking about at trailcentres than a summer season with a daft slack head angle.

grumm
    Free Member

Do they also only cost £135 and come in a funky orange colour? 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

£135, thats a bargain.

At that price, you may aswell crash it into the back of a bus to see if you can steepen the head angle up a bit, no big loss if it doesnt work.

Olly
    Free Member

if you want a steeper head angle, get a regular 456, in the sexual brown colour

I_Ache
    Free Member

Medium Pitch and a 16" SS have the same effective top tube length.

spacecadett
    Free Member

The frames are now on the On-One website for pre-ordder.

afrothunder88

Wooooooo, 16" Lemon Summer Season ordered!

spacecadett
    Free Member

I have ordered a pink 456 for the missus.

Olly
    Free Member

WOOO!
    I can breathe again

18" lemon SS for ME 😀

biker66
    Free Member

I just got mine. Just in time…gotta go. Phew!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘On One Limited run frames’ is closed to new replies.