Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • on one is this normal
  • khani
    Free Member

dos'nt matter now, the mrs read the thread and dropped the seatpost and lowerd the stem, took it for a ride, and took it off me, says it rides nicer than her bianchi carbon ouetzi and she's keeping it 😯
    i cant have nice things 😥
    i'll have to slum it on my soul :mrgreen:

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The headtubes are very short and IMO you don't have a ridiculous number of spacers on it

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Can I use your tape measure to measure my dinkle?

khani
    Free Member

chunkymtb, if its gaining 2 on 16inchs
    your still nakkerd 😆

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

as TJ says, On One have very short head tubes. I swapped the forks and parts from a 17" kona to a 16" 456 and needed 40mm of spacers to get the forks to fit (from memory kona 120mm, 456 80mm headtubes).

I'm 5'10 with a ~32" inseam and think the 16 fits me perfectly. 5'10 puts you on the cusp of both 16 and 18 so whichever youve got it should fit.
    Sought advice here…

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/456-sizing-advice-16-or-18-for-510

and this is it built up to suit/fit me

HTTP404
    Free Member

so OP how did you end up with a 16in frame?

khani
    Free Member

that looks very nice, when i dropped the stem/seatpost mine looked a lot like that proportion'wise,
    i'd have to fight for it now though 🙁

khani
    Free Member

frame was second hand off fleebay, was cheap though

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Did they sell you the same tape measure?

nuke

I agree it looks more similar to a 16" but I just can't see how it's a 16" unless khani is some of incompetent at measuring…which I doubt…it must be an 18". You are measuring middle of BB to top of seattube, right? My 16" Inbred frame is under 16" from middle of BB to top of seattube.

khani
    Free Member

apparantly so
    swine 😐

Zoolander
    Free Member

had a stack of spacers on mine but since I've had the forks extended to 120 it works without looking so odd and it's changed the handling brilliantly. It's a 16 , showing a bit of post but fits me fine.

jonb
    Free Member

Lots of people ride inbreds with long posts. I know I use pretty much the maximum on my 350mm post and have thought about getting a 400mm.

To solve the uglyness at the front I would suggest a stem with more rise and some higher rise bars. Also take the spacers off the top.

If you decide to get another look at the geometry. THe difference between the top tube lengths on the next size up is ~10mm easily sorted with a shorter stem. You then get 15mm mor eheadtube and 2" more seat tube. Personally I think you need a 20"

khani
    Free Member

nuke-yes center to top but they are old tapes and maybe streched a bit and going by what you say that your 16 is short center to top it may be a combination of the two and it is a 16inch
    zoolander- 100mm on mine on one say 80-100 max on older one's

HTTP404
    Free Member

unless you've been playing tug-of-war with the tape measure … for the first 16 inches of it … your tape measure won't be lying to you. Sounds like you took the seller on his description on flea-bay and got stung.
    The good news is there is good demand for 16 in on-ones 🙂

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Zoolander – which Reba's have you extended to 120mm? Not ones of Merlin are they?

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘on one is this normal’ is closed to new replies.