Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • On one international shipping now ludicrously expensive!
  • Im after a On one 45650B frame which are well priced, but the shipping cost is almost equal to the frame price (to get it to NZ).

Im sure frame postage used to be a lot cheaper than that? Chain reaction have free shipping but I cant find a good frame for under $500. Any ideas?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Shop local? I think Cotic have an Australian distributor

Im in NZ not Australia! no one builds steel hardtails here

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep I can read, the reason I said that was shipping from here would be a lot cheaper… I’m sure somebody was importing cotics this far so might be worth a look…

pinetree
    Free Member

It’s almost as if New Zealand is on the other side of the world from Sheffield, eh?
    To be fair, £150 to get a bike frame shipped halfway round the globe is about right. Shipping is expensive, especially in small quantities.

That said, I’m sure if you look around you’ll be able to find a decent frame out there for £300 that’s a hell of a lot better than an On-One made out of gas pipes 😉

pickle
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with a bit of 4130 cromo double butted tubes, tried and tested and ride real nice too.

psycorp
    Free Member

Cheap and made out of Gas Pipe or not, my 456 evo 2 is one of the best riding hardtails I’ve ever had, and I’ve had hardtail frames costing ten times as much over the years.

pickle
    Free Member

What he said, love the way my evo 2 rides

mrblobby
    Free Member

Give PX a call and arrange your own courier?

hatter

Don’t CRC do free shipping to Aus over £200 or so?

Get yourself a nice NS for the same price delivered.

Evans do free international shipping over a certain price as well, they don’t seem to show many frames on thier site but they certainly do loads of brands like Genesis who do steel frames so they could be worth a call.

Or drop Cy at Cotic a line.

rickmeister

Think couriers calculate a volumetric weight… so somthing the size of a bike box is rated at 80kg….

It was quoted almost £80 to get a bike frame ofrom UK to Germany for exactly that reason.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘On one international shipping now ludicrously expensive!’ is closed to new replies.