Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • On One Inbred vs. Charge Duster
  • pascoa341
    Free Member

Getting a new frame and am heavily doubting between the two. I prefer the looks and shorter top tube of the Duster but am wondering if it's worth the extra price over the inbred. Is Tange Prestige better than the On One tubing? I suppose I'm just a bit suspicious as the On One is so ridiculously cheap!

HTTP404
    Free Member

I have owned both.
    The Charge in tange prestige is a marginally lighter frameset (than the std. duster frame). And better quality tubeset. Does this translate into a better ride? That, I couldn't tell you.
    Both the Inbred and Duster ride well. Inbred 456 is a little more versatile with fork choice since the Duster feels right with 100mm – 115mm.
    I like a shorter top tube than the inbred and considered squeezing onto a smaller frame inbred but bought a duster frame when it came up cheaply on the bay.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

I've owned two Inbred frames in the past, and currently own a Ti Duster and SS Duster. Quality or weight of the steel isn't an issue for me – it's the geometry that's more important.

Both are great frames, but the 'L' Duster geometry suits me better than the 'L' Inbred.

DT78
    Free Member

I have a prestige duster, friend has an inbred, tbh I can't tell any difference in the frame 'feel' though as the bikes have different spec levels it would be hard to pinpoint any real difference down to the frame alone.

Depends if you have the extra money I suspose?

If it helps, I really like the paint job on the duster too…..

ski
    Free Member

Which has the lower bb, or are they both the same?

HTTP404
    Free Member

the seat stays look nicer on the charge.

pascoa341
    Free Member

Thanks for the info so far! I'm also looking at BB height. Of course this differs slightly with the fork you put in. Bikeradar (not always the most reliable on this front, I admit) puts the Charge at 12 inch and the Inbred at 12.2 inch, so not too much difference. If any of you have other experiences, please say so!

HTTP404
    Free Member

the on-one site has the 456 at 12.5in BB height with a 5in fork.
    its not overly tall tho.

carlphillips
    Free Member

i have an inbred and 456.. if you are worried about bb height i hardly ever (read can't even remember) hitting my pedals on anything because of low bb.
    for me and for the price the inbred rules in twisty singletrack, have not ridden a charge to compare.

pascoa341
    Free Member

Having browsed the forum a bit, I am now also intrigued by the Voodoo Wanga, which appears to be a bit in between the 2 geometry wise. Anyone have any comparisons with these. I've read of the chainstays being weak, any experiences?

judderman
    Free Member

Duster Duster Duster!

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Read the On One website about 'special' tubesets and the cons involved.

Bought an Inbred and very impressed.

The Duster was simply too expensive for me and I think you pay extra for the kudos that supposedly surrounds the brand.

slowjo
    Free Member

Wanga… I had one and there were no problems with the stays. Where I dod have a problem though was with the geometry. It felt so steep I couldn't get on with it. I tried different travel forks, rigids and nothing worked. Having said that, I know other peeps with Wangas who love them. Mine was the largest size they make BTW, the other bikes I know of are uber small so that may have something to do with it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘On One Inbred vs. Charge Duster’ is closed to new replies.