Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • On-One Inbred SS 29er – first trip to Llandegla
  • mrsoane
    Free Member

Hopefully if the snow clears for the coming weekend, I was in 2 minds weather to take my Inbred to Llandegla for it’s and my first outing, question is how hard can I expect it to be? I remeber eons ago watching people riding singlespeeds there and thinking how hard it would be. I’m thinking of converting it to a geared version but as it is one of the early bikes, the dropouts look impossible to get hold of – any On_one officianadoes on here?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Dmr make chain tugs with mech hangers on them for SS dropouts.

LLandegla, you be fine on a SS if you take plenty of cake.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Duffer
    Free Member

I’m also hoping to ride Llandegla this weekend on my singlespeed 456. Also my first visit. We’ll see how we get on! (assuming the trail is open…)

The STW hive mind suggests Llandegla is easy on a singlespeed.

Clink

If it’s one of the really early (white) ones it’s got sliding dropouts, not slot dropouts – chaintugs no good. Good luck getting hold of the parts!

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

You won’t get in llandegla this weekend, forget it, the snows still there!

keep checking http://www.oneplanetadventure.com for updates though!

Duffer
    Free Member

You won’t get in llandegla this weekend, forget it, the snows still there!

Bollaux. Thanks for the update. Best start considering some alternatives.

mrsoane
    Free Member

Clink is right it is one of the very early ones

ski
    Free Member

We were there last weekend, no power or mobile phone connection for two days, trails should be fun with the amount of snow they had, roads were fine when we left on Sunday

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The STW hive mind would never admit[s]suggests Llandegla is easy[/s] anything is hard on a singlespeed.

FIFY

andyh2
    Free Member

I found the DMR mech hanger / chain tug for 10mm to be shaped so that an XT mech didn’t want to fit without some filing and then the thread didn’t seem right.

Filed down one of the 14mm versions to fit an Inbred SS LTD frame and it works as expected

The rear mech is then connected to the chain tug / hanger, which moves (or flops out) when fitting or removing the wheel, so it’s a bit of a faff. But it works fine once all fitted together.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

We went round a couple of weeks ago and I’m not über fit but ot round fine- pushed a couple of bits but don’t tell anyone!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘On-One Inbred SS 29er – first trip to Llandegla’ is closed to new replies.