Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • On One Inbred frame
  • wilbo
    Free Member

Am planning on replacing the frame on an old Scott hardtail that I have been gradually upgrading. Am close to buying an On One Inbred 26er vertical dropout but thought I would ask what other considerations I should look at for the max £200 budget?

The frame will be paired with 100mm Marzocchi Bombers (yes, the orange ones) which have just been serviced and have a disc adapter. One worry with the Inbred is that I have heard it is a pretty heavy frame, even for steel, so paired with the bombers could easily be in excess of 30lb for the whole bike.

I want it geared and will be used as an all rounder but mainly on local trails (swinley forest).

m0rk
    Free Member

Voodoo Wanga’s just recently impulse bought on eBay for £100 are cropping up unused in the classifieds

Tidy little frames, with slidey dropouts

wilbo
    Free Member

Topic was supposed to also say ‘what <£200 alternatives’

dazh

I got a ss inbred a while back for no other reason than I had the parts to build it up and it was dirt cheap. Never expected much but was quite shocked at how good it is. If it wasn’t for the fact it was singlespeed it’d be my goto bike. Get one. You (probably) won’t be disappointed.

m0rk
    Free Member

2x Voodoo wanga’s? 😉

wilbo
    Free Member

I like your thinking! Am assuming the voodoo frames are not available new and I will have to look at second hand for them.

m0rk
    Free Member

Yup, but enigma just bought a job lot of ex Halfords stock, so there’s some out there in all but new condition

I have an inbred as well, and it’s a decent frame. You won’t go wrong – but currently the inbreds are “expensive” in their variable pricing!

wilbo
    Free Member

You raise a good point about the inbred variable pricing. They are currently £200 with a few finishing bits (that I don’t really need) “free” but I am sure I have seen people saying they paid £90/100 for the frame not so long ago.

davo
    Free Member

I’ve got a inbred 29er that I’m selling cheap if your interested?

lee170
    Free Member

I had an inbred last year, it was really good. Apart from the paint chipping off quite easy.
    I replaced a whyte 19 carbon for the inbred and it did all I asked and more.i had 130mmforks on it.
    It was a hoot.
    A lot of snobs out there though who turn there nose up at you. But there quiet when you beat them down though.

For the price you can’t really go wrong

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘On One Inbred frame’ is closed to new replies.