Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • On-One Inbred 29er Single Speed
  • DaveE

Looking for Steel 29er frame
    What are the differences between On one and say pipedream skookum or cotic simple.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Price, geometry, weight

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Colour

happybiker
    Free Member

Not much, they all have similar geometry, inbreds don’t take tapered forks but have rack mounts, Skookums are 853 which is nice, but have the longest chain stays. The Cotic has the most “up to date 29er” geometry… It depends what you want it for. I have an Inbred, it does the job, the sliding dropouts drive me crazy during wheel changes.

DaveE

Happybiker
    Thought the same, organising a test ride on Skookum but did notice the long chain stays.
    Obvious price difference and the fact that i have straight forks. And slight weight penelty.
    What is the tyre clearance like on on one as have 2.35 Hans Damfs on current SS.

happybiker
    Free Member

I’ve only run Rocket Rons and Ardents in 2.25 and Beavers in the wet, no problems, not sure about a HD. What about the Genesis High Latitude? Slack HA, 435 stays… I’m hoping to replace my Inbred with one, top tube seems a bit short though. Looking to test ride one of them.

DaveE

Think the Cotic is best to ride(Good reports) but would like the option to run gears in the future if i wimp out + dont like the colour of simple.
    May look at tensioner,
    Will google High latitude

takisawa2

Singular Swift.
    Salsa El-Mariachi.
    Surly Karate Monkey.
    Pace RC129.

All capable of running Single Speed & geared. EBB on the Swift, means nice clean dropouts, but the swinging ones on the Salsa are nice.
    I had an Inbred, & swapped to a SIR9 which is lovely. If I was to go shopping again I’d buy the Salsa. Its just lovely.

2.2 Kenda Nevegal isnt far off the width of a H.D, & they ran with room to spare on my Inbred.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘On-One Inbred 29er Single Speed’ is closed to new replies.