Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • On-one Inbred
  • td75
    Free Member

I haven’t had a mountain bike for a while and I’ve got one of the original inbred 29er frames with the sliding dropouts to build up as a single speed. I was just wondering how it compares to say a Voodoo Bizango in terms of the ride?

I know geometry has moved on a bit since, but I just wanted to make sure it was worth building up or just get something ready to ride.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Build it up & ride it.

Still have my original white 29er. Its fantastic.

td75
    Free Member

Thanks Bonzo, thats what I was hoping for. They seem to be highly rated on here.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andyv
    Free Member

A good do-anything frame that looks great.

I’ve got mine setup with Rebas and an Alfine hub.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Mine is slot dropout one and I use it for all my natural riding, risen some trail centers too. Well worth building.

td75
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. I’m looking for a few more parts and I shall build the frame up. Looking for a nice set of suspension forks if anyone has some they would like to get rid of.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Love mine. Swap all parts apart from fork off my FS about this time of year and ride it through the winter. Got a new Works angle headset to try out on it this year. Rides so well. Such a capable all-round trail bike. More than capable of getting proper rowdy when you need it to.

td75
    Free Member

With the nice weather at the weekend, I put the basics together to get an idea of fit for my inbred frame. I have a sizing question?

Anyone on here 6′ 2″ and ride an 18″ frame? Just wondering if it’s the right size for me before I build it up.

Yak

I ride an 18″.

I am 5’8″ on a good day though.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

I had an 18″ and I’m 5ft10″ and it fitted just right so it might be a little small…

notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

I’m 5’11 an ride an 18inch with a 400mm seat post so may be a tad small I’d still give it ago if you have the bits

td75
    Free Member

I do have all the parts for a single speed build. I’d have to put a Thomson setback seatpost on and a 100mm stem to get the length right.

A while back I sat on a 20″ Voodoo Bizango and it felt like a bit of a gate in comparison.

Dansk1

I’m nearly 6’2″ and rode 18″ inbreds for years. In hindsight, they were too small: 400mm post at limit, seat all the way back, high rise long stem and spacers . . . all the hallmarks of small and flickable fashion.

All hail long, low and slack.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’m 6’4″ and ride an 18″ 26er inbred. I thought the 29er was 19″?

mattyfez

Don’t mean to derail the thread, but what dd people think of the inbred steel 26er? I may be after a new frame at some point and 26ers are quite thin on the ground?

Yak

The 26er is great. I had a sliding drop out one. The most versatile bike I have ever had. I ran it as a geared trail bike with an adjustable travel fork, a geared commuter, a geared trailer bike, and best of all – a rigid singlespeed . Finally gave it away to a mate, all a bit battered and rusty, but it’s still going strong I believe at 11 years old now.

Bez

Anyone on here 6′ 2″ and ride an 18″ frame? Just wondering if it’s the right size for me before I build it up.

6’5″ on an 18″ here.

It’s a little too small to get the ideal saddle height with clipless pedals, but it’s just fine with flats.

Don’t mean to derail the thread, but what dd people think of the inbred steel 26er? I may be after a new frame at some point and 26ers are quite thin on the ground?

Which one? There are quite a few varieties 😉 I think I’ve had about five or six different types over the years – all nice enough, though. I like the sliding dropouts, personally, but my old Mk2 took several years of most entertaining abuse.

mattyfez

Was looking at This My current alu carrera frame is a bit battered but still solid, bit concerned about rust on a steel frame though!

td75
    Free Member

6’5″ on an 18″ here.

It’s a little too small to get the ideal saddle height with clipless pedals, but it’s just fine with flats.

Thanks Bez. Looks like it’s worth just building up and seeing how it goes.

Bez

What size were you looking at, Mr Fez? I’ve got one of those in 20″ that’s just been powdercoated and I need to thin out the collection…

Anyway, it seems to ride pretty much like the others as far as I can tell. The fatter top tube on that recent version makes it stronger but less compliant, but personally I can’t tell the difference. Ain’t light, but handles nicely enough.

mattyfez

I’m 6’3,so a 20″..!

Bez

Hm. Drop me a line on beyondthekerb at gmail dot com then 🙂

wicki
    Free Member

Such a good frame i can never understand why Onone dont revamp it with some more braze ons it would be a real classic then and so multi-purpose.

No offence intended, but that looks like it would be horrendous to ride ^^ Like something from the early 90’s

Bez

Well, my other MTBs are early 90s Konas and Inbreds ride kinda like those, so yeah. Nowt wrong with that. Each to their own. I recall whupping one or two full sus riders on a rigid Inbred round Morzine several years ago, they can’t ride that bad 😉

spacey

I’ve got a 20″ inbred I’m looking to move on (26er, vertical drop outs) about 3 years old. Email in profile if interested, Manchester based.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘On-one Inbred’ is closed to new replies.