Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • On-one in 14"… Where can I get one?
  • juan
    Free Member

Either the standard inbred or the 456… Any place where to get on of them?

ahwiles
    Free Member

i've got one in my cellar…

juan
    Free Member

let me know your address, where you hide the keys of your house and most important where you are going to be out of town 😉

z1ppy

IIRC Brant doesn't (/didn't) subscribe to the short TT for women, but with a bike this short, I believe it's something worth looking at.
    1st proper ride with my g/f on her new (2nd hand) Spesh Myka today and not one word of complaint (she doesn't usually hold back 😕 ), unlike when riding her previous 'mans' bike.

brant
    Free Member

IIRC Brant doesn't (/didn't) subscribe to the short TT for women

Half right.

I find that the combination of steeper seat tube angle and shorter top tube most women like can be achieved with an inline post and sliding the saddle forward.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Hmmmmm . . . time to let go yet? 😕

billyboy
    Free Member

I built a 14" 456 up for my 5' 4" girlfriend and it was spot on. I used an old Rev U Turn fork which had about 200mm of steerer and that gave it a high enough front end to suit a woman…170 cranks, 90mm 10 degree rise stem, cut down Hi rise bars and I used a 20mm layback post which I fully intended to change for a straight post but it seemed to suit exactly so we left it.

We did get the chainsuck issues which loads of other folk have suffered with these frames (smaller ones???) but that Brant puts down to operator error. Strangely the operator never had any problems on any of the other bikes she has ever ridden!! We seem to have partialy solved that by using a longer bb axle (113 and 115 didn't cut it so we went to 118 and it seemed better) and by her being ultra careful with gear changes. Despite that problem the overall experience has been good.

Not that she's my girlfriend anymore….. but there you go. It was still good.

juan
    Free Member

billyboy is the frame for sale than 😉
    Mamadirt you could, but isn't yours hacksawed 😉

toys19
    Free Member

As a midget I had a 14 inch on one with a 40mm stem and it was too long for me…

mamadirt
    Free Member

Mamadirt you could, but isn't yours hacksawed

Hacksawed!!!?? Nah, you're thinking of all those poor geared bikes' I gave a rearhangerectomy to before I saw the light 😉 . No, my rear end is beautiful . . .

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I'm 5' 4" have a 16" inbred with a 65mm stem (the shortest I could find without getting a full on downhill stem!) and the saddle all the way forward and it pains me to say it but I want a 14" frame too 😛

juan
    Free Member

ok mama how much you want for it…

mamadirt
    Free Member

Sorry Juan but after much thought I don't think I can do it – it's the only frame I've managed to keep for more than a year (4 years old last month 😯 ).

Hairychested
    Free Member

No, my rear end is beautiful . . .

Lovin' it!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yeah, not bad for a rear that's getting on a bit 😆

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

IIRC Brant doesn't (/didn't) subscribe to the short TT for women

Half right.

I find that the combination of steeper seat tube angle and shorter top tube most women like can be achieved with an inline post and sliding the saddle forward.

I half agree – I don't like TTs that are too short, however (as a woman rider) I find all that sliding the saddle forward achieves is putting your weight too far forward and massively compromising the handling (i.e. you feel like you're gonna go over the bars every time you go to ride an obstacle when seated). If the bike is too long I think a short stem and being a bit stretched out is the better option. Having said that, it doesn't matter how short the stem if the TT is too long you'll never be able to get your weight far enough behind the BB for it to be good/fast descending…

Apologies for the hi-jack Juan – just thought I'd make the point – I'm orry you missed out on my 14" and hope you find one – they are fun bikes.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

becky_kirk43

I'm 5' 4" have a 16" inbred with a 65mm stem (the shortest I could find without getting a full on downhill stem!) and the saddle all the way forward and it pains me to say it but I want a 14" frame too

Yep, I'm about 5'4" and found a 14" good – good luck finding one too, I'm sure they'll be some lurking somewhere!

juan
    Free Member

Well now the most hard part is going to find her a frame 😀

robdob
    Free Member

Ahh Brant I see your "I half design a frame then expect you to bodge it to make it work" philosophy is still going strong!

Now me and my wife have Specialized bikes that fit, work and will continue to do so for a long time……

EDIT after having 3 Brant designs that needed bodging with hammers, or having designs "features" that were actually mistakes but a conveniently invented reason for them given.

juan
    Free Member

Well 14" bred can't be worst than her 16" crappy alloy sunn.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Ahh Brant I see your "I half design a frame then expect you to bodge it to make it work" philosophy is still going strong!

Genuinely made me laugh out loud! 😆

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘On-one in 14"… Where can I get one?’ is closed to new replies.