Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • On-One – I love those guys, but sometimes I feel part of the development process
  • igm

Bought one of the £299 Carbon 456s without the decals a couple of weeks ago.

Tonight I was intending to build it up.

Yesterday a mate who has one of the original run says “the bit where your dropouts blot in is different to mine”.

So it is. He has holes straight through into which you drop long chainring bolts – mine has blind threaded inserts moulded into the frame.

Both are pictured on the website – Through bolts and Inserts

Not a problem – both methods will work.

Unless they send you an insert frame and a set of through bolts.

I’ll ring them tomorrow.

Such is life – anyone built up a frame with inserts? Any issues?

Northwind

Still doing that? They did that with mine back in July- I thought it was kind of understandable then as it was a fairly new change, but that’s ridiculous now.

(also, my call to get the right bolts was met with total bewilderment and an assumption that I was a moron… And then once they figured it out, was told “We’ll get them in the post today”, never arrived, called back the next week and was told “We don’t have any in stock”.

Still, it’s a lovely frame. And the inserts work a charm.

ironbrucove

Same thing happened when I got mine a month or so ago. I thought I was being stupid at first. Gave them a bell and said they’d sort it. Luckily I live fairly close so a went to the shop and they found ‘the last four bolts in the warehouse’. Fella said they’d be ordering a load more, but i’d have though they would check through the boxes and sort it.

igm

Sorted – politeness itself and a very quick turn around on getting the right bit to me.

Thanks guys.

brant
    Free Member

Wasn’t a “polite” Internal discussion, but glad it’s all sorted now 🙂

baldSpot
    Free Member

Good Lord – thats a frame only its Mother could love! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘On-One – I love those guys, but sometimes I feel part of the development process’ is closed to new replies.