Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • On One high flange Track hubs – specs/sizing help
  • joe1983
    Free Member

Hi just bought a pair of gold high flange 32h track hubs from on one that I am going to build up with Black open pros. Anyone know the specs of the hubs so I can order me spokes? Could wait until the hubs arrived but I am an impatient bugger!

Cheers,

Joe

Stoner
    Free Member

luckily for you Joe, Ive already measured mine (and I hate to confess put the numbers on my spreadsheet of other hub/rim/spoke numbers 🙂 )

Both hubs have 62mm spoke pitch diameter
    Front has 34mm flange distance on each side and Rear has 28mm.

joe1983
    Free Member

Lovely – cheers stoner!

Unfortunately for me, new gold rims made me want open pros, which made me want to respray my frame!

Stoner
    Free Member

Im planning on putting open pros on mine too (ERD=602mm by the way).

What frame have you got?

Stoner
    Free Member

BTW 271mm for radial front and 291mm for 3x rear 🙂

joe1983
    Free Member

MGot an old Merlin Racing Cycles frame I bought off the classifieds so going to get it repainted with the decals by bob jackson in italian white – should be nice!

Any idea of the diameter of the spoke holes?

Edit – I’ll use your numbers (271 and 291)!

Cheers

Stoner
    Free Member

Joe ^ 602mm according to the Mavic tech site although for some reason the DT swiss calculator pre-loaded data says 605mm.

EDIT: My numbers are based of 602mm by the way

joe1983
    Free Member

Just to pick your brain one last time stoner where do you get your spokes from? I have had a look at a few places and closest I can find to 271 is 268mm spokes, whereas I can find either 290 or 292 spokes for the rear.

Can you get away with 268s or do you know anywhere that stocks the correct size?

Also, are 290s or 292s best for the rear?

Thanks for the help!

Joe

Stoner
    Free Member

I use Sapim spokes. I can get them by the box from a number of sources. Just found a new one being Echelon Bikes in Pershore for £30 for 100. Not mailorder though if you’re not local.

On-One can supply Sapim spokes too. Not sure of the price though (dont go on what their website says for Spaim Race as there’s no way theyre £2 each – thats the price for CX Rays.) Mike Jenner there is a “sapim” wheel builder.

Sapim are available in 291 (I have a box) and I also have some DT Swiss Comps in 271mm so they are available.

This german site works out quite cheaply including delivery
    http://www.roseversand.de/output/controller.aspx?cid=156&detail=10&detail2=2313

for DT comps.
    No 271 or 291 listed, but since there seems to be some confusion over the ERD of the rim, Id go for the +1mm longer for safety sake. It wont be so long as to be a problem.

joe1983
    Free Member

Thanks Stoner – muchus appreciados!

Stoner
    Free Member

JEJAmes have some 291mm in silver in stock
    http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/sapim-d-butted-spokes-id22889.html

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘On One high flange Track hubs – specs/sizing help’ is closed to new replies.