Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • On-One hardtails
  • Mounty_73

Looking at the On-One range, does anyone ride any of the On-One 456 range?

Or any of the On-one bikes, just doing a bit of research… 🙂

everyone
    Free Member

Had a 456, currently got an inbred

Stoner
    Free Member

never heard of them.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

My old man just bought a 45650b, before that he had an 853 Inbred.

Will give you an update on what he thinks of it in a few days when he’s ridden it and I’ve spoken to him.

scandal42
    Free Member

I ride a 456c

It treats me very well.

chrishc777
    Free Member

I have a 456: Cheap, heavy, absolute blast to ride and indestructible!

PiknMix
    Free Member

I ride a 456 evo II and I love it. Cheap, good geo, massivly fun to ride and I had no issues getting it delivered 😉

chrisdw
    Free Member

Most people on here have probably had one at some point. I’ve had 2. A 456 SS and now an inbred 29er. Both fantastic. Especially the inbred.

daver27
    Free Member

had a 456 and a 456 ti, both awesome fun and cheap as.

faustus

I have a 26er inbred, and a 29er inbred frame to be built. Girlfriend has 456, my two best mates have 29er Inbreds and a Parkwood between them.

Inbreds and 456 are tough and fun bikes to ride, very capable. Quite heavy.
    Parkwood is lovely to ride and quite light.
    All are very good value for what you get.

They don’t have the feel of 853 or titanium, you wouldn’t expect that. But I don’t wince with rock strikes, and I wouldn’t be gutted i’d lost £500 if i broke it in a chrash (would take some doing, as that weight equates to toughness!).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I have a 456, heavy* but brilliant!

*by overall standards, compared to other steel bikes it’s not too bad. You could spend the £500 saved over other brands on lighter parts and come out lighter overall I reckon.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

26er Scandal. It’s ace
    Fatty. It’s ace

thestabiliser
    Free Member

456 (oldish) –
    Bad – heavy, unforgiving, chainstays too long
    Good – Cheap, stable, you can hang bicycle components off it, rack mounts.

It’s alright(better than alright really) in a getting the job done kind of way

ton

had 3 x 456 1 x summer season 2 x inbred 29ers, now on a parkwood.
    fantastic bits of kit for the money, regardless of what is said on here, they are the dogs.

endurogangster
    Free Member

456 ti evo, ace bike

barffy
    Free Member

Mines alright. Evo 456 standard build.

Weighs as much as the moon but i’ve had zero issues with it. I did manage to ding the rim but it just shrugs it off. 60 plus mile canal rides are a ball ache though with massively heavy wheels.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Carbon 456 I built up, and every time I ride it I just think I really love this bike. It was just going to be a spare bike to my full sus but I love it just as much. Even better now I’ve got Pikes on it.

stumpy01

I’ve got an Inbred that I’ve had for about 3-4 years now.

Built it up wit the bits that came off my old Stumpjumper FSR, when i replaced that.

It’s fine. I like the look of it (went for the Barry White black & gold), and it rides fine.
    It seems pretty heavy though. I haven’t built it up with really light, high end components, but it just feels heavier than it should be.

Here’s a pic from when it was first built up.

AlexSimon

Stoner – on-one should do an advert around you!

Stoner
    Free Member

hardly. I havent bought a new frame for at least 2 yrs 🙂

Duffer
    Free Member

I’ve had a 456 for about 5 years. It’s been brilliant, and never put a foot wrong. Now i’ve also got an Inbred 29er (one of the limited edition singlespeed specific ones). That’s also brilliant, apart from the paint chipping very easily.

You can pay thrice the price for something 5% lighter, if that’s your thing. Personally, i’d rather have something sturdy that i don’t have to worry about.

There’s plenty of love for On One’s products on STW.

cp

I’ve had:-

Inbred Mk2 (still my daily commuter, 12years old now)
    Steel 456 (now my winter SS, ad this for 8 or 9 years)
    Slot Inbred 26 (n-1)
    Kaffenback (weird sizing/handling for me, we didn’t get on)
    Scandal 26 (brilliant, nicer ride than the steel ones)
    Scandal 29 (just brilliant, should have kept it, but got rid to fund anthem 29)
    Team SL (very good, but front end too low for me)
    Carbon 456 (fun, fun, fun)

I much prefer the alu and carbon ones. The Scandals (very versatile and fast) and C456 (masive fun!) in particular are blimmin brilliant.

dannyh
    Free Member

456 evo 2 here – not that much heavier than other steel frames of a similar intended use. Cheap. Seemingly indestructible with more compliance than the original 456 and 456 evo due to them using a smaller seatstay join assembly.

I love it. It is my only bike, gets caned twice a week. IMO the only reasons not to but one is the narrow head tube and (if you’re bothered – which I’m not) the 26″ wheels.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

never heard of them ?

ton

I just think on one bike look right too. not flashy or bling, just right.
    a bike built just to do the job.

chestrockwell

Mate of mine has had a 29″ Inbred for a few years and loves it. He’s just ordered a Parkwood.

jonba
    Free Member

V brake ss inbred
    Disc brake ss inbred
    parkwood
    pompetamine

They are that cheap you can just keep collecting them. Down to 3 now, sold the old inbred and 456.

firestarter
    Free Member

Had an inbred a 456 a pompino and now got a lurcher

My inbred was so old it had Cantis

Stoner
    Free Member

IMO it never seems worth selling them. The Scandal and one of the pompino frames are in the loft waiting for Jr to grow into them 🙂

tomhoward

I got drunk once and bought an inbred frame on here, built it up and it’s pretty nice to ride 🙂

pitduck
    Free Member

this-(I have a 456: Cheap, heavy, absolute blast to ride and indestructible!)

sandwicheater

Had an inbred, then a 456, then a Scandal V2 and the Mrs has an inbred.

For the money they are ace.

jamesfts
    Free Member

No wonder I don’t think I’ve seen you on the same bike twice Mark…

At least I try to go by the “one in, one out” rule!

Northwind

I had the old C456, terrible build quality (the finish dropped off in big chunks, like it had leprosy) but good to ride. I ended up really soured on the whole thing because On One lied their way out of the warranty so I sometimes forget that I actually liked the bike quite a lot. But I wouldn’t buy another bike from them.

CheesybeanZ

Have – Ti 456
    Had – 456 , 456 summer season, slidy dropouts inbred , geared inbred .
    Want -fatty

deadkenny
    Free Member

Seen a couple of people say that about the finish with the paint flaking off, though mine is raw and no issues there. Looks odd in certain light, but looks great generally. Only marks it has are from me scratching the frame here and there.

jamesy01
    Free Member

18″ c456 in black and grey with a 140mm dual air revelation race coming up for sale soon if yer interested?

lovewookie

MK1 29er scandal here. it’s nice, cheap and er, rides like a bike.

it could do with being longer, but aside from that seems to work ok.

addy6402

I had a 29er Inbred for a while – it was a good bike if a bit portly! Still, this does mean that they are pretty tough (steel) frames.

timidwheeler

I have a carbon whippet. Really pleased with it. The frame cost me £250! It’s been ragged about, dropped and done thousands of miles on a roof rack in all weathers. It’s as ugly and battered as the day I bought it brand new from the warehouse.

It does really creak though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘On-One hardtails’ is closed to new replies.