Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • On-one gloves down to a tenner
  • timnwild

Worth a punt?

If you’ve tried them and they’re good, let me know. If you’ve tried them and they’re awful, keep it to yourself – they’re ordered now.

Thanks

chojin
    Free Member

Meh. Gloves is gloves is gloves.
    If they were only a tenner, not exactly the end of the world if they turn out to be a bit rubbish.

I’m sure they’ll be ‘reet.

Stoner
    Free Member

Meh. Gloves is gloves is gloves.

Got to disagree. Crap gloves are a pain. Uncomfortable, padding in the wrong place, glove backs crushing knuckles, no use in rain/wind/cold

Its a pain to find new gloves and then the next season the manufacturer has changed the design. I was lucky enough to find some NOS 2009 Spesh BG comp gloves so I got a few pairs as I love them, but the more recent designs are not as good.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Don’t worry, they’ll be back up to a random price in a few mins. Or down to a lower one. 🙄

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I bought the 3 gloves and overshoes for £25 bundle.

On the plus side I’ve had PX winter gloves before and the matrial is toasty as long as you keep it dry, in the wet it’s better than nothing, but it’s not waterproof.

On the downside they’re cheep, the seams are all lumpy and sewn together inside rather than flat. And there’s no padding.

And the size guide is pish, I was between medium and large, the large i’ve got is on the small side, so be generous with the masurement and then round up.

spawnofyorkshire

anyone used the planet x deluge gloves before?
    I left my gloves on the train this morning and now need to replace them 🙁

timnwild

Tried out my new one-one gloves on a cold, dry Sunday morning – usual 3-4 hr loop. Can’t see them lasting more than 5 or 5 rides to be honest, so I’d avoid them even on sale.

Stoner
    Free Member

which ones did you get?

I tried my trailhead ones last night and think they’re great.

woody2000

Hmm, I’ve got a pair of the wind block ones and they seem very well made, if a little on the small side (got a medium and they’re a little tight, hoping they’ll loosen up a bit over time). Think I must have long thumbs as I can feel the seam at the end of the thumb, fingers all feel fine though.

Which ones did you get timnwild?

Stoner
    Free Member

woody – did you get the ribbed protector ones then? I also got those, but havent tried them in anger yet

woody2000
    brant
    Free Member

Ed Oxley review of “Ribbed Protector” glove.

http://www.great-rock.co.uk/2012/11/on-one-ribbed-protector-gloves/

Stoner
    Free Member

aha.

Stoner
    Free Member

someone really ought to shave that monkey 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Rode with the trailhead gloves on Sunday night – not that cold a night. Really are great gloves. Very pleased with them. Ulna nerve pads in just the right place and they stay there.

Then last night I went out with the ribbed protector gloves. They are a tighter fit than the trail heads. Im hoping they stretch just a smidge. The windproofing works very well – wasnt a very cold night, about 5degs, but I took a fast fire road descent to see how good they were and couldnt feel the wind on my knuckles at all. The ulna pads are definitely in an odd place – not quite as natural as the trailhead gloves. So 9/10 for the trailheads (would like to see just slightly more substantial finger side panel fabric) and 7/10 for the ribbed protectors for the odd pads and the sizing coming up a bit small (and with the XL ones I got Ive go nowhere to go as there are any XXL)

Jamie
    Free Member

I picked up some of the Windblock ones for a tenner as well. They seem quite decent for the price. Not used them yet, and to be honest, I only bought them as lost one of my new Aldi winter gloves. Had to go for a Large, as they sized a) small and b) different to the PX size charts.

I also ordered some of the £6.99 winter gloves, but they were probably worth about that and sizing was not only small, I needed an XL when size chart said S, but felt like it differed from glove to glove.

Stoner
    Free Member

I think there are at least two manufacturers they’re using. Some of the older PX range arent up to much. Some of the newer ones are much better made.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘On-one gloves down to a tenner’ is closed to new replies.