Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • On one gamble
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Am probbers gonna buy a Pompetamine, but tempted to wait and see if anything good comes up on eBay (I probbers won’t ride it for a few months).

On one afficionados…are they likely to keep it on sale for a bit or put it back on sale soon?

Last on one I bought got reduced by 40% a few weeks after I bought it 😐

yunki
    Free Member

I can only promise you that whatever you decide to do.. it is almost gauranteed that the next time you look on the on-one site after taking delivery you will kick yourself for not waiting a couple more weeks/days/hours/minutes…

MoreCashThanDash

or you will dither and then discover that they have sold out of what you wanted in your size…..

kaesae
    Free Member

I can help you source a frame on ebay if you want, I don’t trade any more but I still have 5 years of experience and am reasonably good at trading.

If you set up a list of frames you like manufacturers and models, I’ll have a look for you ❓

cr500dom
    Free Member

Theres a Ti pomp on the way 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks all…K I have the searches set up.

Not willing to spend what would be required for a new ti frame.

Part of my hesitation is that I fear the Pomp will be a bit rubbishy and gas pipe.

mildred

Alternatively, like me you could buy some sale brakes, wait a week, wonder why they haven’t arrived despite having the “your item has been despatched” email the day after buying them, phone up to be told “yeah sorry about that, we never had those brakes, would you like a refund or would you like to buy the lower spec version for 50% more than you paid, but not including the rotors?”.

orena45

I have a brand new white Large frame (and fork) I need to sell, just haven’t got round to putting it up for sale yet. I bought it to build up a new commuter bike but decided 3/4 of the way through the project to build up a Ragley HT instead!

It’s as new, not been touched but could provide pics if needed. Looking for £140 posted frame only or £175 posted with the fork. Got some other parts from the abandoned build to sell so let me know if you’re interested.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

the Pomp will be a bit rubbishy and gas pipe.

Surely that somes up all of their steel frames?

Mowgli
    Free Member

Alternatively, like me you could buy some sale brakes, wait a week, wonder why they haven’t arrived despite having the “your item has been despatched” email the day after buying them, phone up to be told “yeah sorry about that, we never had those brakes, would you like a refund or would you like to buy the lower spec version for 50% more than you paid, but not including the rotors?”.

Standard. If they weren’t so cheap I would have nowt to do with On One/Planet X(!)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘On one gamble’ is closed to new replies.