Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • on-one frames – do they come with surfaces faced?
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

im wanting to run a HT2 crankset – and just wondered if the BB shell comes faced?

firestarter
    Free Member

nope

Kuco

No I had to get my lbs to clean the bb threads in mine as I couldn't get a cup in one side. But also had to do that to GT frames.

druidh
    Free Member

Nope – chased and faced my last Inbred BB

grumm
    Free Member

Hmm been wondering about this. Is it definitely necessary?

bent_udder
    Free Member

Supposedly your bearings will wear out quicker, as most BB faces are usually not parallel after a bit of paint has got on them. Getting the BB faced is likely to be a fair bit cheaper than a new set of HT II bearings, so I'd say it's probably worth the cost. Don't let me stop you just chucking the BB in, though.

thomthumb
    Free Member

scandals are.

inbreds obviously not – they'd corrode.

izakimak
    Free Member

Nope i had my inbred done, BB, head tube, threads chased and frame saver'd £15.

druidh
    Free Member

One side of my BB would not thread in until the threads were chased. For all the time and effort involved, why wouldn't you?

tinribz
    Free Member

How are they faced?

A hand file or some monster machine or something.

kamina
    Free Member

A monster machine.

frank4short
    Free Member

With one of these usually

Shandy
    Free Member

Paint in the threads seems pretty standard.

clubber
    Free Member

Never had any bb issues with the four inbreds I've built and i absolutely think that the need for facing is a myth and used as an excuse for warranty claims. (there obviously will be the odd exception just as some frames just aren't built straight. )

Smee
    Free Member

You get a pile of tubes and some cheap one use tools and you have to built it yourself.

Never faced or chased any frame.

Inbred456
    Free Member

I emailed on-one about this got a reply from Dave pretty quick. The BB's are threaded and faced on a bloody great machine in line. No need to face BB. The machines are state of the art. That's good enough for me, hollow tech here I come!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘on-one frames – do they come with surfaces faced?’ is closed to new replies.