Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • On-one fatty with bluto?
  • blakeatron
    Free Member

Loving my fatbike and finding myself choosing it over my other bike!

However I am pushing it more and more and feeling like some front suspension might help now.

Can I fit a bluto to the standard in-one wheel (bluto is 15mm axle and wheel is currently a skewer) or can anyone recomend something else?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bluto is a tapered steerer I believe, fatty ain’t.

crispyrice

I was also considering this, but after much deliberation I decided the fun of the fatty comes from being fully ridgid and just getting really loose on it. There is nothing I can’t ride in my fatty that I do on my 150mm travel bike and in weather like this on natural trails its more fun. I say leave it as it is… Now if I could have 2 fat bikes…. 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    blakeatron
    Free Member

I know what you mean about keeping rigid, but I can’t help but feel some extra bounce would make me quicker!

I’ve seen some on-ones with blutos but only pics, there is a thread on here and he has fitted them – but doesn’t go I to any detail!

brant
    Free Member

Trouty fitted one.
    Needs a new lower headset race and some clever spacers and a redish or a new front hub.
    Fatty takes a tapered steerer.

wwaswas

I think he put more detail on the UKfatbike forum?

crispyrice

Yeah you will also be faster with narrow tyres and full sus, but that’s missing the point 😉

trout
    Free Member

Yes Fatty with Bluto

easy job now Hope do the proper hub for the job you can swop the fatty rim and spokes to save money
    and get the crown race from OO

you may be able to convert the newer OO front wheel but the original is a non starter

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Oops, apologies!

crispyrice

Argh now you have me thinking about it again 🙂

shaggy

I would add that to keep the handling similar you are best off running the Bluto at 100mm. I think the 120mm might be fun though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘On-one fatty with bluto?’ is closed to new replies.