Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • on one fatty tyre choice?
  • akira

Just running the Floaters atm but curious as to clearance for something bigger, obviously Nates will fit but anyone tried Bud and Lou? Im running the carbon fork so thinking might get the Bud in but clearance on the rear loss a bit tight. What are you running?

JoeG
    Free Member

I really like the Floaters. IMO, a real good all around trail tire. And the best cost/performance as they’re 1/2 the price of the 120 tpi Surly tires.

5″ tire should fit the carbon fork. But I don’t think that you can go wider in the rear, especially if you’re running 2x. My chain is only 1/4″ from the tire on the innermost ring/cog.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

Got no pearls of wisdom, but does anyone else find the floaters give brilliant traction but rubbish lateral grip?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rickmeister

Agree about the floater traction, not so hot on wet rock too. Just bought a pair of OO B S C slicks to try as well…

brant
    Free Member

Oxley ran Bud and Lou on stock on one rims to third place at Rovaniemi.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Does any tire grip on wet rock?

trout
    Free Member

The OO slicks are pretty good on everything. bar grass wet or dry and I would assume mud but not had any of that
    and so east to get spinning hardly any drag on the tarmac. much faster than the floaters

JohnClimber
    Free Member

You won’t get anything to go that much wider if you stick with the stock rims.

To widen any fat tyre you will need to look at 80 or 100mm rims.

I’ve just had a quick measure and you can fit a Clown Shoe rim and a Big Fat Larry up front if you want but on a 1 x 10 set up you can’t go over 80mm wide on the back.

boltonjon

Nates are brutal will grip on anything

I also tried some V8s the other week – £35 from On-one – not a fan though

Great in the dry but terrible if you show them any mud and wander all over the place under braking

akira

Brant any of idea how tight clearance was for Ed? I do like the Floaters but I’m a bit of a tyre whore, love the feel of new rubber.

brant
    Free Member

Pretty tight.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘on one fatty tyre choice?’ is closed to new replies.