Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • On One Fatty riders – Alpkit advice please
  • dazzlingboy

I want to buy a Possum framebag as a present – what size Possum for a medium Fatty? I recall seeing a picture on here somewhere but I’ve searched without joy. Ta.

rOcKeTdOg

Not sure they are a good fit tbh, especially if you want to use the bottle cage.
    beerbabe.co.UK does a full frame bag, not sure you want to go the whole hog though

whitestone
    Free Member

I don’t have the Possum but do have the Wildcat version, can’t remember its name now – Ocelot?, anyway the sizing instructions say to measure the underside of the top tube and chose the bag size accordingly.

Doing this I ended up with a size too large – I think I needed to measure the top tube from seatpost to the point where the top tube and down tube were about 2 or 3 cm apart rather than to the head tube (the top and down tubes touch at this point on my frame).

Not a precise answer but should let you give some idea as to what size.

johnnystorm

I went for their standard basic frame bag, for £65 you can completely fill the front triangle. Go for the ladder stitching so you can put the velcro where ever you want.

johnnystorm

Deleted while I try and make the link work!

johnnystorm

Hopefully that works…..

dazzlingboy

That’s great Johnny – what size standard bag is that?

johnnystorm

It’s a large frame. When I said standard bag, I meant it was a standard Alpkit stingray. The base model with one zip is £65. You can get a fatbike version that tapers out at the headtube end so increase volume at the expense of potentially getting in the way of your knees when pedalling out of the saddle. I stuck to the normal one as the fatty frame wouldn’t let you gain much from a wider from bag. I chose the max standard width and used the cardboard template method to get the measurements to them. It was with me in a couple of days!

Pleased to see AK have also started doing Airlock bags in Jaffa orange too. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘On One Fatty riders – Alpkit advice please’ is closed to new replies.