Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • On One Fatty owners, some questions.
  • twoniner
    Free Member

Found myself at On-One yesterday trying a fatty on for size and decided to head back today to buy.

I was in a bit of a rush this morning, had to get in, buy, pay and out sharpish. I upgraded to the Avid elixir 5’s but it states on the order form and the website that they dont come with rotors, for those of you that have bought one, do they come with rotors?

I wont be keeping the Avids, I have some hope mini’s to go on. Been looking at caliper adapters and on-one mention a 20mm adapter, could someone point me in the right direction? Fork is IS mount and I want to go 180mm rotor. It’s the 20mm bit I’m unsure about.

I could ring them tomorrow sometime but Im bored at the mo looking to buy stuff for it 😀

Is there anything else I need to know about the bike and set up? I was asking questions on both my visits to On-One but no-one could really answer them.

Mantastic
    Free Member

If you planning on beach riding don’t use hydraulic brakes, the seals rot, hence most fatties come with cable discs

epicyclo

Rotors on my Fatty despite the “no rotors”.

twoniner
    Free Member

Cheers, Nah wont be beach riding.

Duffer
    Free Member

I can’t imagine they’d sell you a bike without rotors…

twoniner
    Free Member

I can’t imagine they’d sell you a bike without rotors…

Thats my thinking.

twoniner
    Free Member

Rotors on my Fatty despite the “no rotors”.

Cheers, that helps. Any chance you could tell me the hose length for the rear brake please? I dont think my current hopes will be long enough.

chainslapp
    Free Member

1400mm

twoniner
    Free Member

Cheers. As I thought, not long enough. Looks like I will have to stick with the Avids for a bit.

chainslapp
    Free Member

Your bike will also come with 180f and 160r Avid Clean Sweep rotors. All you have done is upgrade the levers, hoses and calipers.

Moe

Were you the guy racing an OnOne fatty at the Thetford MSG round today? 8)

Edit – Actually, think it might’ve been a Surly! 😳 but still not sure what to think about it?

JoeG
    Free Member

OP – I’d suggest a little preventative maintenance on your Fatty”

1. Put a bit of Loctite on the hub nuts/end caps to prevent them from loosening.

2. Remove the cassette lockring and put some grease on the circlip in the freehub body. Remove the freehub and grease the pawls and spring as well of you’re going to do a lot of wet riding.

3. Replace the Heavy (600 gram) OEM tubes with Schwalbe or Q-tubes, which weigh half as much. Some people use lightweight tubes that are even lighter. Or go tubeless.

Link is to the UK fat bike forum; you’ll need to sign up as a user though. http://s436462119.websitehome.co.uk/index.php?topic=795.msg11151#msg11151

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘On One Fatty owners, some questions.’ is closed to new replies.