• This topic has 174 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 15 posts - 161 through 175 (of 175 total)
  • On one fatty first impressions (anyone)
  • andyh2
    Free Member

Thanks 29erConvert

Chainline
    Free Member

Update: Been sufferring a bit with the brakes. Typical Elixirs, random back to the bar lever action, ok with pumping but bleeding no help. Odd really. I can live with it tho. Apart from that and the sheer effort of pedalling it, its all good, definitely one to get you fit.

Ed-O
    Free Member

I had the same problem with the brakes Phil. A bleed fixed mine though. For now.

Ed-O
    Free Member

I rode Fatty in a cyclocross race and came last. If you’re interested I wrote a blog.

trout
    Free Member

Great to see one in the flesh and to get to roll a couple of kerbs on it Thanks Ed

want one even more now
    But until you get to see one in real life you dont appreciate the size of the tyres they are massive but what a hoot .

singlecrack
    Free Member

Want one even more now …….most likely for a leisurely bikepacking tool..

Edit ..how come Oxley’s bike has black decals ….??

plyphon
    Free Member

What a lovely neat lawn.

trout
    Free Member

What a lovely neat lawn.

Not mine it the neighbours that one .mines all soggy moss and dandelions

FuzzyWuzzy

Why do so many manufacturers spec Avid brakes? Everyone knows they’re shit (at least up to the middle of the range), it’s not like they only come on SRAM equipped bikes either. I’d rather have no brakes and £50 off, saves space in landfill.

molgrips
    Free Member

Wow, as ridden by ZZ Top!

Can you get studded fat tyres btw?

druidh
    Free Member

Yes

bruneep

Nates are grippy as…

*not an one one

JoeG
    Free Member

I’m envious of the black decals! 🙂

Orange ones were a shock to me…

itom66
    Free Member

Hello everybody!

I have ride Fatty few months and I Love It!!
    But now I’m think to go 2×9 (or 2×10) setup. Please help me and tell excatly the parts what I need!!

JoeG
    Free Member

You need:

– 2x cranks. Easiest would be another Truvativ crank that uses the Howitzer bottom bracket like the Fatty. Otherwise, crank and BB.

– Front shifter, cable, housing, end caps and such.

– Front derailleur. Some have successfully modified a regular Shimano front derailleur to work by using longer limit screws which is cheaper. I bought a Problem Solvers Direct Mount Adaptor and a direct mount front derailleur, as I wasn’t aware of the alternative. Expensive, but no trial and error to get to work.

– Possibly a longer chain.

Viewing 15 posts - 161 through 175 (of 175 total)

The topic ‘On one fatty first impressions (anyone)’ is closed to new replies.