Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • On One Fatty carbon forks
  • ian-r

Bought the forks. Bought a steerer bung from Wiggle which didn’t fit – OK my mistake must be different sizes. Bought a bung from On One which also does not fit inside the steerer?
    Which steerer bung will actually fit?

Northwind

Hope Hed Doctor probably won’t, they’re quite fat too- I had to machine mine down a lot to get it to fit a (different) carbon fork.

You never know, On One might actually have one and have just sent you something that doesn’t work in a fit of being On One.

fd3chris
    Free Member
    Northwind

Oh- assuming you want to get it built in the meantime, here’s a PowerBodge for you, this is how I did it. Let the front tyre down a bit, jam the bars under a shelf, and then inflate the tyre a bit to load up the steerer, tighten steerer bolts. Repeat 50 times til everything’s right.

(you could do this with a bit of rope too. I tried to use a fat bloke and a small child but that didn’t work)

40mpg

On-one do two. They sent you the wrong one. As they did me. Have another go 😀

Edit – this is the one you want

andyl
    Free Member

£15 for a steerer bung!

I’m confused by some of On-Ones price of things like this, swap-outs for frames like the C456 and crown races.

igm

I left feedback on the OnOne site suggesting that given the fork bung they say fits all 1 1/8 carbon forks (£9.99) doesn’t fit the Fatty forks they should probably change the description and point you at the £14.99 bung they also sell that does.

I take it they haven’t updated it.

JoeG
    Free Member

Yes, the one linked above is what I got. You won’t need the outer sleeve/shim, though.

takisawa2

Northwind…brilliant.
    Proper engineering.
    🙂

ian-r

Bummocks! I bought the wrong one BUT On One’s description is “Use this instead of a star fangled nut on all 1 1/8 inch carbon forks”. Didn’t see the other one on the website when I ordered and assumed it would fit all as described. Will have words with OO.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘On One Fatty carbon forks’ is closed to new replies.