Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • On-One Fatty BB options?
  • Bream
    Free Member

Need a new BB for an On-One Fatty but the old Truvativ Howitzer seems to be obsolete now. Spoke to PlanetX/On-One and they said they’re using a SRAM GXP 100mm instead now, lots on order but nothing in stock! Looked around the normal places and still can’t find something suitable.

Any one have any ideas? To fit an X5 chainset, 100mm shell Bottom Bracket, Chainline: 66 mm.

Many thanks,

Jeff

pryally
    Free Member

got a spare 100mm howitzer BB in my cupboard if you want to make me an offer for it? brand new never used

Bream
    Free Member

Sounds interesting, you sure it’ll fit the X5 chainset on the Fatty? How about £20 delivered to Derby?

highlandman
    Free Member

Please forgive my ignorance, but why would there be a difference between a GXP BB for the 100mm axle, versus the standard one? Surely the axle length on the crank is irrelevant, assuming that the axle has the same shape to fit into the bearing cup? I’ve not had to change the original BB on my Fatty yet but will no doubt have to before too long as it’s getting plenty of use. Mind you, the similar Truvativ GXP ones on the tandem are lasting surprisingly well, with only the rear one changed so far at about 2k miles.

pryally
    Free Member

Pretty sure they will with,the description on the box is “Truvative AM Howitzer Team MM 66 chainline 100mm” I bought it to use on my pugsley with a middleburn ISIS chainset but obviously weren’t compatible.
    I think I paid £50 so not willing to sell for £20 when it will probably cost £5 to post.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

I just bunged a standard XT HT2 one in my fatty, nothing 100mm specific about the threads in the frame

trout
    Free Member

Showing in stock here in Germany

truvative Howitzer

Bream
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

Pryally, I’ll stretch to 25 but you can see otherwise I can buy new for just over 30.

batman11
    Free Member
    pryally
    Free Member

More like nearly £40 with postage and mine is brand new as well. I’ll do it for £28

Bream
    Free Member

Go on then, let me know your payment details and I’ll send you the delviery address.

pryally
    Free Member

paypal to address in my profile, will be able to post today

Bream
    Free Member

Payment sent, thanks.

pryally
    Free Member

cheers, posted

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘On-One Fatty BB options?’ is closed to new replies.