Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • On One Fat Alberts – Anyone running them tubeless?
  • Leku
    Free Member

on Stans 355s. Really struggling to get them to stay up. They seem to be pissing out air all round. Using sealant and a compressor.

Thought they would be a cheap alternative to High Rollers (LUSH), but maybe not.

Or is it just me?

MussEd
    Free Member

Mmm…about to tackle the same subject myself…no compressor so might be even more difficult…brilliant!

Leku
    Free Member

my High Rollers go on with just a track pump.

I am starting to question if the alberts really are ‘tubeless ready’. Did check the schwalbe web site and says they are.

duntstick
    Free Member

When you say compressor , it’s not one of those dinky compressors is it? If so you would be better off with a track pump. I use Fat Alberts on Dt Swiss 5.1d’s no problems at all. Try putting in a tube and leaving them pumped really hard, overnight before going for it again, use plenty of suds on the bead too.

Good luck

Leku
    Free Member

is 1100w 1.5Hp dinky?

I’ll try again tomorrow…

oxnop
    Free Member

Me and the GF run these tubeless without an issue (evo version). Track pump and sealant only.

FWIW – Mine are on a Stans Crest front and Flow rear, the GF’s are on Flows.

TBH I have never used a compressor and don’t ever have issues with just a track pump.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I’ve only ever used a track pump in over 10 years of tubeless

MussEd
    Free Member

Hand fitted onto flows no bother, inflated with track pump, holding air with nowt on bead. Easy peasy…though not ridden on them yet.

mboy
    Free Member

Which version did you buy?

I’ve got the Double Defence version on one of my bikes, with a bit of sealant in it worked a treat. Definitely no issues running it tubeless for me. My biggest issue is that for a tyre that looks like it should grip well, it’s bloody useless!

duntstick
    Free Member

Agree with that mboy, anything approaching damp, forget it…….

Pieface

Snakeskin FA’s on Arch’s have been fine with a track pump and compressor.

However the tyres haven’t worn too well for 3 months use. I’d be very disappointed if I’d paid full price.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘On One Fat Alberts – Anyone running them tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.