Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • On-One Customer Support, What's your experience?
  • mozzi3
    Free Member

Hi to all! New to this forum so this is my first post… As a brief intro i’m an expat now living and working in Italy. Been cycling for a lot of years but over the last couple started to get a bit more serious about it again.

Anyway back to my post. I’d be keen to hear of your experiences with On-one, i purchased a Whippet frame a few months back and had some issues with a creaking BB, anyway after sending it back it has just been a catalogue of disasters, lots of different people replying, even told the Customer Service manager left, end result so far is they posted me a knackered, (Well used), 456 frame. If you are having similar problems i’d like to hear them or maybe your waiting for your well used 456, (matt lacquered), to be returned, if so, i’ve currently got it and it’s in Italy!! Maybe i’ll post all of the many e-mails i’ve sent and received for your own verdict!!!

druidh
    Free Member

From my experience, an absolute frigging disaster area, but I guess that corners have to be cut somewhere in order to knock out the products at those prices so, in some ways, you get what you pay for and you need to factor that into your buying decisions.

I’m not re-hashing my tale again. If you want a summary use the search function.

Oh – and expect a flurry of “On One are superb” posts from teh fanbois (says he with two Inbreds hanging up in the garage 😳 )

footflaps

Very good – damaged a bolt on a new frame (cross threaded it), dropped them an email, new bolt arrived the next day FoC :-))

mtbfix

Bought an Inbred a few years ago. Within a fortnight there was rust creeping out of the gussets. Response to my email was along the lines of ‘steel rusts’.

atlaz
    Free Member

Had no problems. They were late shipping to a UK address when I ordered new wheels and ended up shipping them abroad for me at no extra cost and by faster courier. Not bought anything “bigger” than wheels though.

bauchlebastart
    Free Member

In my experience their customer support is rubbish, and one of the main reasons I haven’t bought much else from them recently

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Great support, slow to do stuff. Also in my experience they are let down by the courier they use too, took three weeks for them to pick up my return and over a week to deliver.

M6TTF
    Free Member

first class – snapped a seatpost bolt – emailed them. didnt get a reply so contacted Brant, who apologised for the delay in replaying due to backlog. got a call shortly after to confirm broken part, new one in the post the following day F.O.C

wish other well known companies were as good TBH

ahwiles
    Free Member

friendly, helpful, enthusiastic, shambolic. occasionally chaotic*.

*in an entertaining way.

Jamie
    Free Member

Took you over 3 minutes to reply to an On-One thread, Druidh?

You’re slipping.

footflaps

Bought an Inbred a few years ago. Within a fortnight there was rust creeping out of the gussets. Response to my email was along the lines of ‘steel rusts’.

Yep, I had one of those. Painted with Tipex as far as I could make out.

Newer stuff seems to be better….

mozzi3
    Free Member

Hey Jamie you wouldn’t happen to work at On-one would you?

Speshpaul

Sent me 2 damaged frames*, Customer service was random, shambolic, i still have outstanding emails to be answered, but i guess 2 months on that i won’t be hereing back now.
    If i really wanted something from them that cost more that 1 hundred quid i would drive up there and get a good one off them.

* think they may have sent me two frames that were warrenty returns from the original US owners.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

“they all do that”

You can’t paint the gusset before welding it on, and you can’t weld the back of the gusset otherwise it becoems decorattive and doesn’t work as a gusset.

So invariably it’ll rust. The only solution (other than ignore it) is to drip candlewax into the gap untill it seals.

xterramac
    Free Member

Good angles though………

mozzi3
    Free Member

Anyone got Brant’s e-mail address they can send me?, so far i have a lot of names at the bottom of e-mails but no one is willing to say what they are responsible for. If i get fobbed off by someone who’s business it is i’ll walk away and say no more, lesson learn’t.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hey Jamie you wouldn’t happen to work at On-one would you?

Nope, sorry.

brant
    Free Member

Mozzi3. Can you email me him@shedfire.com. I am sat in our returns department now.
    Surname Powell?

mozzi3
    Free Member

Yes that’s me and e-mail sent…

MS
    Free Member

Never had a problem! Had a problem where my whippet was creaking and suspicous line around the BB shell. Replaced with no questions asked!

Garry_Lager

Their customer support is good IME – but then it needs to be.

I say good, it’s more that the people on the phone are very helpful and sound like they’re doing their best to sort you out.

chakaping
    Free Member

Brake didn’t fit with c456 rear dropout.

It was a problem with the brake and not the frame apparently. But they would happily sell me a replacement dropout that didn’t have the same problem for £15.

Hmmmm.

philstone

Never had any problems – bought a c456 from them, dropout bolts didn’t have very good threads – emailed them about them, a guy called Jamie replied saying he’d get some in the post – 2 days later they were sat on my desk (being in Jersey thats actually very fast!)

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I once ordered the wrong tyres online. They kindly sais I could return them for a swap. I said I would pop them in to the shop as I work near by.

Arrived at shop, sorry we have no stock, so guy writes the details of what I want on a scrap of paper. Week later no tyres have arrived, ring up and no record of reorder, but acknowledge tyres returned. Order again over phone, tyres arrive, but I get charged again on credit card. Took a week or two and a few phone calls to get money back.

mtbfix

You can’t paint the gusset before welding it on, and you can’t weld the back of the gusset otherwise it becoems decorattive and doesn’t work as a gusset.
    So invariably it’ll rust.

Agreed. I recognised that I had bought a cheap steel frame and that rust was inevitable. Especially on a bike used every day. The tone was more the issue. There are ways of dealing with mildly dissatisfied customers and there are ways of dealing with mildly dissatisfied customers. Some leave you walking away thinking ‘fair enough’ and some leave you walking away thinking ‘what a tard”.

brant
    Free Member

I recognised that I had bought a cheap steel frame and that rust was inevitable. Especially on a bike used every day.

It’s regrettable and we’ve had quite a few people upset over the brown water (it’s not really rust) that drips out when the frames are wet.

I know about rust, having had an Alfa and a Land Rover.

daznal
    Free Member

Tipped up at mayhem with a stripped bolt in an on one stem,the guys on the stand got one to the site for the next morning intime for the race,now thats quality service

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘On-One Customer Support, What's your experience?’ is closed to new replies.